Hillary Clinton says she will not run in 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:37:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Hillary Clinton says she will not run in 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton says she will not run in 2020  (Read 4442 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: September 11, 2017, 05:33:55 PM »

She's not running.

Also, she will be remembered extremely favorably by future historians.  The current right-wing hate of Hillary is unfounded, illogical, and based solely on speculation and conspiracy theory.

She will never become a feminist icon like she wants to be though.

She is the first woman major party nominee. That already puts her up in the pantheon along with Susan B. Anthony, Gloria Steinem, etc.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 06:04:06 PM »

Yes, between her primary and general election campaigns, she got over 100 million votes for president. Before her, the most accomplished woman candidate, Shirley Chisholm, got about 400,000 votes in the 1972 primaries. That's an over x200-fold increase over the next woman.

Hillary was clearly a breakthrough candidate, in some ways even more than the (eventual) first woman president will be.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 06:41:56 PM »

I was just joshing around with ya GoTfan.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 07:25:09 PM »

Was it sexism that brought her down?  No, of course not; it was the "All About Her" aspect of the campaign that folks gagged on.  Just enough folks to cause three blue states to flip.  Since it's still "All About Her", I expect her to at least attempt to run in 2020.  If she does, she'll lose the popular vote, because I doubt America would ever elect someone so obviously miserable.

The talking points of "sexism" and "misogyny" that allegedly prevented her from winning are ridiculous.  She received about 3 million more than Trump.  Jill Stein also saw her vote total nearly triple from roughly half a million to roughly 1.5 million.  I fail to see how "sexism" and "misogyny" caused her defeat and would really like to have it explained to me.  Preferably in non-SJW terminology, e.g. no, it wasn't because the male privilege used their vast right wing patriarchy power.  It seems like the left is so upset regarding the loss they are throwing every label out there and hoping one sticks so it can be used as a rallying theme in 2020

But if it was actually explained to you, would you be willing to approach it with an open mind, and be willing to agree that yes, it was sexism that brought her down? Or have you already made up your mind that it isn't?

The election was a "personal" rejection of "her." If votes like mine, which were PERSONAL affirmations of HER, counted equally, she would be president, as TXMichael says. I keep pointing this out, yet it keeps getting ignored as a point. That's why I don't say that America is misogynistic, but Middle America is misogynistic.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies