HB 26-09: Expansion of High Speed Rail and Mass Transit Act (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:32:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 26-09: Expansion of High Speed Rail and Mass Transit Act (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 26-09: Expansion of High Speed Rail and Mass Transit Act (Tabled)  (Read 3112 times)
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« on: September 21, 2020, 06:28:00 AM »

Mr. Speaker,

I move to amend by adding the following Clause to Section III:

iii. A high speed railway shall be constructed from Chicago, IL to St. Louis, MO. The railway must include access stations in Bloomington, IL and Springfield, IL.

I yield.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 09:13:02 PM »

Aye - As the gentlelady of Mississippi said, why not more rail routes?
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 09:21:55 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

I'd like to insert this into the record: https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2019/11/19/amtrak-reports-record-ridership-on-chicago-st.html

I yield.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 03:54:43 AM »

Mr. Speaker,

I rise to offer an amendment to the gentlelady of Mississippi's amendment as follows:

A high speed railway shall be constructed from Virginia beach VA to Phoenix, Az. The railway must include access to stations in Richmond, Va, Staunton, VA, Roanoke, VA, Knoxville, TN, Nashville Tenn, Jackson, TN, Memphis, TN, Little Rock, AR, Texarkana, AR, Shreveport, LA, Nacogdoches, TX, Houston Tx, Austin, TX, and El paso, TX, Las Cruces, NM, and Tucson, AZ.

I yield.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 04:46:37 PM »

Very hostile. Madison County has less than 100k population. There is no need for HSR in Jackson, TN. We need to build an efficient transportation grid, not a pork barrel boondoggle.

Mr. Speaker,

I think the people of Jackson, TN take offense by the gentleman of California's arbitrary determination about which towns deserve high speed rail and which don't.

Rural areas need transportation too. A station in Jackson, TN would also serve the surrounding rural areas, helping to cut down on traffic and provide a cheaper way to travel to larger cities and across the country.

In 2011, the Jackson-Humboldt Combined Statistical Area showed a population of over 165,000 citizens.

While that may not be the millions that the gentleman of California expects, rural areas don't have sprawling international airports nor do they receive air service by airlines to a variety of destinations like larger cities.

High speed rail would bring more travel options to rural areas. The rail is going to end up going near Jackson, TN anyways. Why not build a station there?

I yield.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 07:14:50 AM »

Aye
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 07:43:14 AM »

Mr. Speaker,

I rise to offer the previous amendment as follows:

A high speed railway shall be constructed from Virginia beach VA to Phoenix, Az. The railway must include access to stations in Richmond, Va, Staunton, VA, Roanoke, VA, Knoxville, TN, Nashville Tenn, Jackson, TN, Memphis, TN, Little Rock, AR, Texarkana, AR, Shreveport, LA, Nacogdoches, TX, Houston Tx, Austin, TX, and El paso, TX, Las Cruces, NM, and Tucson, AZ.

I yield.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 06:52:57 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies