HB 26-09: Expansion of High Speed Rail and Mass Transit Act (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:35:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 26-09: Expansion of High Speed Rail and Mass Transit Act (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 26-09: Expansion of High Speed Rail and Mass Transit Act (Tabled)  (Read 3113 times)
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« on: September 19, 2020, 12:23:24 AM »

I ran on partly on expanding transportation infrastructure and I feel that high speed trains are a cool way to move people around the country. So i'll support sevens bill!

I'd like to see high speed trains that can go 300 mph moving our food and consumer products across the country! Smiley
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 10:52:31 PM »

I think the more  train routes the better! I'd also like to see this expanded  to go beyond mass transit as our nation relies greatly on trucks that rip up the highways to bring goods from one region of our nation to the next. Wouldn't it be great if we could have 200 mph super trains to do it instead and get goods there in 1/4th the time? The same trains that carry people could also have a few Freight Cars included on them for this purpose. The tracks could be used for both purposes.

Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 10:19:24 PM »

I fully support Beemans amendment and will be introducing my own for a southern Atlasia route after his passes.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 12:45:52 AM »

Aye
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 02:44:17 AM »

my amendment

Section III. Construction of High Speed Rail Arteries
i. A high speed railway shall be constructed from San Diego, CA to Seattle, WA. The railway must include access stations in Los Angeles, CA, San Jose, CA, and Portland, OR.
     a. The Department of Transportation should negotiate possible connections through Canada and Mexico.
ii. A high speed railway shall be constructed from Miami, FL to Boston, MA. The railway must include access stations in Charlotte, NC, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA, and New York City, NY.
iv. A high speed railway shall be constructed from Virginia beach VA to Phoenix, Az. The railway must include access to stations in Richmond, Va, Nashville Tenn, Houston Tx, and El paso.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 08:36:05 AM »
« Edited: October 05, 2020, 08:50:31 AM by Rep Jessica »

Aye
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 12:54:26 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2020, 01:03:59 PM by Rep Jessica »

Oregonbluedog, we built the continental railway across the country over a century ago. Why shouldn't we be able to do better today? Our nation needs to dream again and this is a step in the right direction. Also, I agree with you about extending it to Los Angeles! It makes sense as it will attach the coastal routes.  It will make travel easy for our people.

Here is my amendments

AN ACT
To improve transport and connectivity across our nation.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,

Section I. Title

i. The long title of this bill shall be the "Expansion of High Speed Rail and Mass Transit Act." It may be cited as the "High Speed Rail Act."

Section II. Definitions
i. High speed rail is defined as a railroad capable of supporting trains in excess of 120 mph.

Section III. Construction of High Speed Rail Arteries
i. A high speed railway shall be constructed from San Diego, CA to Seattle, WA. The railway must include access stations in Los Angeles, CA, San Jose, CA, and Portland, OR.
     a. The Department of Transportation should negotiate possible connections through Canada and Mexico.
ii. A high speed railway shall be constructed from Miami, FL to Boston, MA. The railway must include access stations in Charlotte, NC, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA, and New York City, NY.
iii. A high speed railway shall be constructed from Chicago, IL to St. Louis, MO. The railway must include access stations in Bloomington, IL and Springfield, IL.
iv. A high speed railway shall be constructed from Virginia Beach, VA to Phoenix, AZ Los Angeles. The railway must include access to stations in Richmond, VA, Nashville, TN, Houston, TX, El Paso, TX and Phoenix, AZ.

Section IV. Creation of National Rail Authority
i. The National Rail Authority is hereby established under the Department of Transportation and tasked with the responsibility of overseeing construction, rail route development, and consumer-end transit program implementation.
ii. The National Rail Authority shall consist of members appointed by the President of Atlasia.
iii. Modifications to the seaboard routes and placement of cross-country rail routes shall be the responsibility of the National Rail Authority.
iv. Congress shall retain the ability to legislate new routes or override the decisions of the National Rail Authority if necessary.

Section V. Appropriations
i. $80 billion shall be appropriated for the construction of new rail and adaptation of old rail for the creation of the seaboard routes.
ii. $250 million shall be appropriated for surveying and planning of cross-country rail routes.
iii. $3 billion shall be appropriated for the construction of connecting routes to off-route cities.
iv. $150 billion shall be released for construction of new rail and adaptation of old rail for the creation of cross country routes pending a finalized route plan from the National Rail Authority.
v. $8 billion shall be released for the construction of connecting routes to off-route cities pending a finalized route plan from the National Rail Authority.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 01:48:22 AM »

Aye
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 10:47:33 AM »

Aye
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 01:11:02 AM »

I motion for a final vote! Lets build the super trains of Atlasian greatness!!!
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 02:49:54 AM »

Mr.Speaker

This is why our nation trails most of the developed world as we never fund Atlasian greatness enough where it matters. We don't do anything great anymore as it  is never built or allowed to move ahead because it cost too damn much for some reason or is too hard. We don't spend the money we should on infrastructure be it on our roads, bridges or train system and the sad reality is Atlasia is quickly becoming a second world country. The cold hard Fact is countries like Spain, Italy, France, Japan, China along with so many more have super fast trains and so should we. I ask my fellow reps to oppose this tabling as Atlasians deserve to enjoy super fast rail just like most of the rest of the developed world.

I yield
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2020, 01:04:40 AM »

Nay

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies