Canada General Discussion (2019-) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:19:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion (2019-) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canada General Discussion (2019-)  (Read 193425 times)
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« on: October 22, 2019, 06:18:35 AM »

Am I wrong in saying that the Bloc is the real winner tonight?

The Bloc did have a great result but the Liberals did well enough that they only need the NDP to prop them up it seems. If the Liberals got like 20 less seats it would be an even better result for the Bloc.
True. The more I watch the results, I find it interesting that no party, aside from maybe the Bloc, came out the winner.

The Liberals lost their majority. The Tories barely gained any ground at all, and Scheer doesn't strike me as a viable leader heading into the future. The NDP basically failed to make any impact at all. The Greens tripled their seats but failed to really break through anywhere, even in Victoria apparently. The People's Party (and Maxime Bernier) is over. Only the Bloc seems to have made any real gains, and they still won't have the impact needed in parliament for the reasons you've noted.

I've never seen an election in which everyone comes out the loser, but here we are!

Agreed with what you said on Scheer. The problem is it really doesn't seem like the CPC has much of a bench at all (Scheer only became party leader because he was basically everyone's second choice and none of the first choices could rally enough support to win). I honestly have the feeling the CPC will be in trouble soon.

How did the liberals survive in the first place? And why did the block make gains here?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies