To our resident Pennsylvanians: What's with Philly? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:40:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  To our resident Pennsylvanians: What's with Philly? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: To our resident Pennsylvanians: What's with Philly?  (Read 3164 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« on: August 09, 2013, 06:10:55 PM »

Anyone who has ever voted in a really urban precinct before knows that 0 Republican votes is completely plausible. 

I've voted in Washington, DC before... in a precinct that wasn't even heavily black by DC standards (maybe 30% or so).  Also some precincts are not that large, so you have to assume it's plausible that Obama could get 100% of the black vote in those precincts since he won black voters by about 95-5 nationally.  There will likely be regions of the country that are rural with megachurches where Romney might have gotten 8-10% of the black vote, that has to be canceled out somewhere to make Obama's vote share in the mid 90's.

But even the white voters I saw voting next to me were extremely hostile to the GOP.  First of all, a lot of urban whites are gay.  A lot of other ones are unionized.  Most are socially liberal, and the population usually skews younger.  These are all the types of groups Obama racked up huge margins with. 

I bet there were a lot of DC precincts where Romney got only a handful of votes if any, and DC wasn't a swing state (district) at all, so there would be no point in voter fraud.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies