Red state turning blue (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 08:49:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Red state turning blue (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which red state is the most likely to turn blue?
Alabama
Alaska
Idaho
Kansas
Mississippi
Nebraska
North Dakota
Oklahoma
South Carolina
South Dakota
Texas
Utah
Wyoming
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Red state turning blue  (Read 13726 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: September 20, 2011, 06:34:30 AM »
« edited: September 20, 2011, 06:44:30 AM by King Roy.......The Rat »

I honestly don't see much of a trend in Texas, and the GOP base states are probably not going anywhere for a while. I'd go with SC, reluctantly.

Yeah and a lot of people who do assume it'll be Democratic due to Hispanics fail to take into consideration the possibility of said demographic becoming "mainstreamed".
Texas Hispanics are already more Republican than the average Hispanic as it is.  And just because Obama lost Texas by 11 points instead of 20+ doesn't mean it's suddenly a swing state.

Now if a Democratic candidate wins the county that College Station resides in......then we'll talk.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 06:40:17 AM »

As it regards to the question I think either of the Dakotas is the most vulnerable.
In the case of a landslide election.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 07:26:41 PM »

Why do liberals assume:

1. That all newcomers to a particular state from out of state are automatically "SUPERZ LEFTIZ!!!!!(TM) who will reflexively vote democrat."

2. That OH NOEZ! HIZPANICZ!!! (TM) are a permanent Democrat voting bloc.

The latter assumption is demonstrably racist, and the former is insanely stupid.

I'd assume no-one's going to actually bother responding to this incredibly obnoxious post, FWIW.

Why bother?

I would've given the time of day to explain how historically migrant population demographics tend to favor the Democratic Party by bringing up an analysis of how die hard Republican states like Massachusetts became Democratic strongholds in a period of a little less than seventy years time and how that compares with the current Hispanic immigration trend in the Southwest.  But.....sadly this person decided to post in such an ASSumptive manner I'm not even going to touch base on that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies