Nikki Haley vs Josh Hawley (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:38:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Nikki Haley vs Josh Hawley (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you rather have become President in January of 2025
Nikki Haley

Josh Hawley

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 89

Author Topic: Nikki Haley vs Josh Hawley  (Read 2829 times)
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« on: October 17, 2020, 02:50:31 PM »

I can see why you asked this hypothetical since it would take supernatural intervention for Haley to win a Republican primary.

Uh, citation needed.

She's relatively moderate and a woman of color.

She’s really not “moderate,” and her conservative views make the fact that she’s a “woman of color” irrelevant ... though I know you prefer to believe otherwise.

People perceive her to be moderate, which is the problem.

And yes, of course her being a woman of color matters. The GOP primary base is too racist and sexist to vote for her.

The GOP primary base would have pissed themselves happy to vote for Palin, and plenty of other Tea Partiers and evangelicals in the Republican base (Keyes, Bachmann, Cain, Fiorina, hell even Carson was polling even with Trump at one point) were female/nonwhite
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 07:15:15 PM »

I can see why you asked this hypothetical since it would take supernatural intervention for Haley to win a Republican primary.

Uh, citation needed.

She's relatively moderate and a woman of color.

She’s really not “moderate,” and her conservative views make the fact that she’s a “woman of color” irrelevant ... though I know you prefer to believe otherwise.

People perceive her to be moderate, which is the problem.

And yes, of course her being a woman of color matters. The GOP primary base is too racist and sexist to vote for her.

The GOP primary base would have pissed themselves happy to vote for Palin, and plenty of other Tea Partiers and evangelicals in the Republican base (Keyes, Bachmann, Cain, Fiorina, hell even Carson was polling even with Trump at one point) were female/nonwhite

All of those people did poorly in the primaries.

Palin was/is beloved by the Tea party masses. Were Republican voters "too sexist" to vote for her when she was on McCain's ticket?

I don't know why "doing well in the primaries" is the only criterion that matters to you, since all of those people I mention were heavily endorsed by the Tea party faction (which is the most socially right-wing faction of the GOP) and were polling competitively and/or leading the pack at one point or another

Republicans voters care about getting their agenda passed one way or the other, so if Haley is the nominee, yeah, they'd vote for her. If she loses, it's because she's ideologically out of touch with the Republican party (which she is), not because she's a "woman of color"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies