You know what Romney actually is? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:49:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  You know what Romney actually is? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: You know what Romney actually is?  (Read 9167 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: February 02, 2012, 11:17:05 PM »
« edited: February 02, 2012, 11:18:48 PM by Politico »

He will be the competent president who made it morning in America again.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 11:19:48 PM »

Are you getting paid to do this?

I believe in America.
I believe in Mitt Romney.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 11:36:24 PM »

I believe in America.
I believe in Mitt Romney.

Thanks for answering the question.

You're welcome.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 11:49:12 PM »

Mitt is a man all men can look up to for generations to come.

God Bless America!
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 12:01:37 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2012, 12:03:23 AM by Politico »

What the hell is wrong with you?

You need to ask yourself that question if you do not see the greatness of Mitt Romney. Otherwise, prepare for eight years of pain and suffering.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 12:02:42 AM »

politico can you please answer his question and quit dodging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFcuR34Gg-o
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 12:04:49 AM »

What the hell is wrong with you?

You need to ask yourself that question if you do not see the greatness of Mitt Romney. Otherwise, you are going to be in for eight years of pain and suffering.

I hope this isn't a threat.

The only threat is to your liberal sensibilities as America enjoys a prosperous and peaceful eight years of Mitt Romney in the White House.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 12:18:31 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2012, 12:33:55 AM by Politico »

Yes, you'll have to excuse me for only having a social score of -4.35. We can't all be selfish hedonists, but I still support your right to be one. Don't worry: Mitt is wholesome, but he is smart enough to know folks like you aren't going to stop doing what you do. And it's not the government's job, anyway. Only the Santorum types still adhere to that Big Government social conservatism.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 12:55:34 AM »

Mitt is wholesome, but he is smart enough to know folks like you aren't going to stop doing what you do.

Huh

Being selfish hedonists, as I playfully put it? I can't imagine the type of lifestyle one leads when they have a social score in the -8's.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 01:50:53 AM »

Mitt is wholesome, but he is smart enough to know folks like you aren't going to stop doing what you do.

Huh

Being selfish hedonists, as I playfully put it? I can't imagine the type of lifestyle one leads when they have a social score in the -8's.

This is an odd claim from a man whom lists a -4.85 score!

A Chimp trained to flip a coin, voting randomly, presumably, would have a score of zero. As a conservative, I would not tolerate being represented by a Chimp voting a random. Why should I tolerate someone whom would vote worse than the chimp?

I live an extremely conservative lifestyle, but I am also a "live and let live" type of guy. What can I say. Nobody can doubt my conservative credentials where it matters (i.e., economics and foreign policy).
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 02:02:20 AM »

Why do people still respond to posts by "Gay people should be forced to live in ghettos" Politico?

Another county heard from.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 02:21:40 AM »

Huh

A Chimp trained to flip a coin, voting randomly, presumably, would have a score of zero. As a conservative, I would not tolerate being represented by a Chimp voting a random. Why should I tolerate someone whom would vote worse than the chimp?

I live an extremely conservative lifestyle, but I am also a "live and let live" type of guy. What can I say. Nobody can doubt my conservative credentials where it matters (i.e., economics and foreign policy).

If -4.85 isn't a basis for question your "conservative credentials," what is?

I have nearly +7 on the economics portion, and that was from restraining myself. My true score is probably +8 or above. Adam Smith and Milton Friedman are my heroes.

I could not be a bigger supporter of our military, too.

I live a conservative lifestyle, but I vehemently oppose Big Government attempts to legislate morality. It is not the proper place or role of government. I do agree that certain behavior/displays/attitudes can be quite disgusting these days, but the antidote is promoting better parenting moving forward. It is not the government's job or its proper role.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 02:45:39 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2012, 02:49:41 AM by Politico »

Politico, the law is.the codification of our morality. Governments legislate morality all the time.

Absolutely. I should have stressed legislating morality where there is no victim. For example, I believe people should be free to choose whether or not they want to grow marijuana and consume it. Not my thing, but if we brought that market into the open I think there would be no victims, or at least not in the same sense as we do with regards to alcohol, which poisons quite a number of people each year but should still be legal IMHO. I think the war on drugs has been a failure, and we would probably be better off allowing many of these black markets to become legitimate like we did when we repealed prohibition. To give another example, people should be free to choose whether or not to have oral sex. If there are no victims, and especially if we're dealing with privacy, government ought to be out of the way. You get the idea.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 05:36:50 PM »

Well, we're down to three possibilities.

1. Politico is a TB with inteligence of a brain-damaged chickenant
2. Winfield was bored enough to make a second account
3. We're all an idiots fooled by an obvious troll

I can assure you that Winfield and I are two separate individuals with one glorious goal: Electing Mitt Romney as the 45th President of the United States of America.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 08:19:14 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2012, 08:21:11 PM by Politico »

Huh

If -4.85 isn't a basis for question your "conservative credentials," what is?

I have nearly +7 on the economics portion...

As do many of the people whom fancy themselves "libertarians."

A "conservative" is a person whom takes a conservative stand on both economic and social issues. You don't.  That's fine, but, don't lecture actual conservatives about what conservatism is.

I take a conservative stand on social issues, but I reject getting the government involved in most social issues. I reject all forms of intrusive Big Government whether it is intrusion into the economy or intrusion into people's homes for no justifiable reason. Did you not learn anything from the Terri Schiavo imbroglio?

Improving morality is best left to individuals and non-governmental associations. The government is obviously not good at it.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 08:25:43 PM »

Politico, the law is.the codification of our morality. Governments legislate morality all the time.

Absolutely. I should have stressed legislating morality where there is no victim. For example, I believe people should be free to choose whether or not they want to grow marijuana and consume it. Not my thing, but if we brought that market into the open I think there would be no victims, or at least not in the same sense as we do with regards to alcohol, which poisons quite a number of people each year but should still be legal IMHO. I think the war on drugs has been a failure, and we would probably be better off allowing many of these black markets to become legitimate like we did when we repealed prohibition. To give another example, people should be free to choose whether or not to have oral sex. If there are no victims, and especially if we're dealing with privacy, government ought to be out of the way. You get the idea.

Well, prohibitions on the slaughter of dog for human consumption are purely the imposition of morality, and, as "victimless" of crime as the legalization of the slaughter of cows, pigs or chickens for human consumption. So, you are are for the legalization of the slaughter of dog for human consumption, no?

No, but I do believe we should put down cats with feline AIDS. Do you consider me sufficiently right-wing now, or do I need to suggest gassing said cats?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 01:46:36 AM »

Bob, I am not interested in this conversation descending into man-on-dog territory. As a wise admiral once put it, "it's a trap!"
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 02:13:26 AM »
« Edited: February 04, 2012, 02:18:30 AM by Politico »

Bob, I am not interested in this conversation descending into man-on-dog territory. As a wise admiral once put it, "it's a trap!"

I understand that you don't have an answer.

Here is the obvious answer: animals can be victims. Obviously we should ensure that animals are humanely euthanized in a manner that is painless to them.

Obviously there is no market for dog/cat meat for consumption in America because there is no demand for dog/cat meat.

As I understand it, only pigs understand what is really going on in slaughterhouses. Part of the reason why I do not eat pork. Pigs can be every bit as charming as dogs, too.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 02:42:58 AM »

If the animals are being humanely euthanized so that they do not feel pain, and they do not know what is happening, there is no victim. Even pigs do not understand death even if they may know what is happening in slaughterhouses is something to fear.

Why do you think government can do a good job of promoting morality, anyway? Most government agencies can't even do a good job of pushing papers.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 03:03:26 AM »
« Edited: February 04, 2012, 03:37:01 AM by Politico »

Sorry, but Big Government social conservatism died a horrific death in 2006. It is not coming back, so you might want to consider the idea of promoting NGOs that promote morality. I can get behind that. But thinking it is ok to take lots and lots of taxes and/or running huge deficits to have government trying to deal wih something it is not good at? I am always going to reject that. It is bad as getting government involved in gun control/safety. In general, adults should be able to freely choose how to best take care of themselves. Generally there is no serious problem where there is no victim.

BTW, I think you may be taking my general commentary about morals/victims a bit too concretely. There are exceptions to a general rule of thumb. I admit it can get gray (or is it grey? That new Liam Neeson movie has me questioning if I have spelled gray incorrectly my entire life). I am not a libertarian.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies