Pelosi will stay on as House Minority Leader (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:29:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pelosi will stay on as House Minority Leader (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pelosi will stay on as House Minority Leader  (Read 2028 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: November 14, 2012, 10:10:23 AM »

Yeah, because having as their leader the most effective speaker in a generation will certainly doom Democrats. Roll Eyes
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 03:12:03 AM »

I've already pointed out in a separate thread that while Democrats probably won the vote, it's really fundamentally unclear because many states do not count votes in races where candidates are running unopposed, and there were more such Republican candidates than Democratic candidates. An excellent diary at Daily Kos found that, if you take this into account, you find Republicans actually won the vote ( http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/08/1159272/-Dissecting-the-House-Popular-Vote ). Who truly won the PV in 2012? Probably the Democrats, but we will never really know. It was too close for that.

As for Pelosi: the only polling I could find since the 2010 cycle has been Rasmussen, which most recently showed her at 29% approval. If you don't trust Rassy, various polling agencies in 2010 found her consistently below 40%, frequently below 30%, and sometimes under 20%. Pelosi has been a net drag on House Democrats; they may have won the House popular vote in spite of that.

Boehner's approvals are in the same league but I don't hear you or the DC press calling him a drag and asking him when he is going to step down.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies