The National Weekly Atlasian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:01:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 69
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 172542 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: December 22, 2008, 12:49:52 PM »

75% Support Constitutional Convention
by South Park Conservative

A poll commisioned by the National Weekly Atlasian finds that 3 in 4 Atlasians support a Third Constitutional Convention. With this in mind, it seems a near certainty that one will occur in the near future.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #351 on: December 22, 2008, 12:53:05 PM »

OP-ED: It was a Long Time Coming for Mr. Xahar
by Governor Duke of the Dirty South

Atlasia finally knows what the RPP and its members have known for months: Mr. Xahar has been involved in a string of hacking events on servers of Mr. Liep and Mr. Brandon H, beginning in September. His activities have finally been revealed after months of denial by the disgraced Attorney General.

Many of us know Ben has had his share of idiotic moves too, but the kid has been manipulated and intimidated by Mr. Xahar for months and the forum has given him the benefit of the doubt. From his sockpuppet accounts like Cookies and Milk, which voted in the Dirty South elections in August 2008, to the first RPP forum hacking incident when he manipulated DC_United into getting her parents to hack, his string of illegal acts have grown more and more risky. It was all in the name of jealously which drove him to such measures, and he manipulated his party and members of Atlasia as well into thinking he was the good guy when all along, he knew what he was doing.

Today is a good day. Today is a good day for Atlasia. It is my hope that we can move forward and take care of Mr. Xahar, secure Mr. Constine's account, and move on. I do  hope Mr. Liep and Mr. Brandon do the right thing to make sure these acts do not reoccur somewhere down the road. I applaud Mr. bgwah's actions to put an end to this before Mr. Xahar was allowed to prosecute Mr. Constine in the court of law. If that had occurred, the integrity of Atlasia's justice system would have been seriously put into question.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #352 on: December 22, 2008, 12:56:50 PM »

Quote of the Month

One day before the AG was caught red-handed hacking into Ben's account:
The Attorney General continues to retain my confidence.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #353 on: December 22, 2008, 01:11:39 PM »

Quote of the Month

Cheap and nasty.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #354 on: December 22, 2008, 01:49:52 PM »

This will also have bad effects on the Social Democratic Party, of which xahar was a major leader, and its party membership previously denied he had ever hacked Ben's account.

We denied because no proofs existed at that time. A person is not guilty until than the crime is proved. Now, it is proved and we call Xahar to quit the SDP immediately.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #355 on: December 22, 2008, 02:59:16 PM »

Quote of the Month

Cheap and nasty.
Says the man who just called my governor a rapist...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #356 on: December 22, 2008, 03:06:42 PM »

Quote of the Month

Cheap and nasty.

He would know cheap and nasty, considering he's the king of comments. If Al wants to continue childish attacks, that's fine but I would appreciate it if be quit cut out the personal attacks. It's uncalled for and as a moderator, he should know better.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #357 on: December 22, 2008, 03:32:41 PM »

I would like to clear something up: there is the assumption that Mr. Xahar manipulated me.  That is simply not true, and I would like for people to stop saying it.

Also, I am very pleased that Mr. Xahar has finally received what he deserves, and I want to see him prosecuted for what he's done.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #358 on: December 22, 2008, 04:52:01 PM »

No, I did not. I called him, in a sarcastic way, Duke Raper of Rapington. Raper is, I believe, sometimes used as a name in parts of the United States.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #359 on: December 22, 2008, 05:58:00 PM »

No, I did not. I called him, in a sarcastic way, Duke Raper of Rapington. Raper is, I believe, sometimes used as a name in parts of the United States.

haha classic
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #360 on: December 23, 2008, 07:29:54 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2008, 10:37:28 PM by Senator-elect SPC »

TCash, Peter Express Disinterest in AG Position

Two widely discussed potential nominees for the vacant attorney general position expressed disinterest in the job. Peter, a two-time attorney general, stated that he does not want to reassume the job for a third time. This avoids a would-be situation whereby the same person is both the prosecutor and the defense attorney, in the Atlasia vs. Constine case. TCash, while not directly saying that he didn't want the job, suggested that Franzl would be the best nominee. With these people out of the running, Franzl seems to be the huge favorite to be the next attorney general, although there is an outside chance that Inks.LWC, BRTD, or someone else will be nominated. Either way, this will create a vacancy in the Mideast Assembly.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #361 on: December 23, 2008, 10:42:22 PM »

The National Weekly Atlasian is pleased to announced that former Mideast Governor and defendant of Atlasia vs. Constine will be joining the National Weekly Atlasian as co-editor.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #362 on: December 24, 2008, 12:07:14 AM »

Will he have any writing emphasis or just do breaking news?

Also, I advise him writing about his own prosecution except in editorials previously run by Peter.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #363 on: December 24, 2008, 12:13:10 AM »

Also, I advise him writing about his own prosecution except in editorials previously run by Peter.

He's a member of our staff, so he is free to do both. However, his opinions do not reflect those of the paper.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #364 on: December 24, 2008, 03:00:50 AM »

He's a member of our staff, so he is free to do both. However, his opinions do not reflect those of the paper.

So, who is a member of your staff now?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #365 on: December 24, 2008, 10:57:17 AM »

Dirty South Election Coverage
With only a few more voters left in play, here is where we stand:

Governor:
Gov. AHDuke99 (RPP-SC)                7          100%

Lt. Governor:
Lt. Gov. Daniel Adams (RPP-FL)       7          100%

Initatives:
Freedom of Currency Act PASSING 4-3
KoTBP Scholarship Act FAILING 4-3
Captial Relocation Act PASSING 4-3
Constitutional Convention PASSING 7-0

At this the time the National Weekly Atlasian projects that The Constitutional Convention plank will PASS  The other iniatives are way too close to call with 3 days remaining in the voting       
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #366 on: December 24, 2008, 12:51:33 PM »

I kind of miss the thrill of campaigning. I haven't faced any real opposition at all since becoming Governor, and Xahar's sockpuppet doesn't count.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #367 on: December 24, 2008, 02:45:25 PM »

This is a great regional election though. Three of the four initiatives on the ballot are currently being decided by a one vote margin. Grin
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #368 on: December 24, 2008, 02:48:26 PM »

My plan is to not publish anything related to the trial, and I'll be publishing mostly editorials.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #369 on: December 24, 2008, 03:11:24 PM »

I kind of miss the thrill of campaigning. I haven't faced any real opposition at all since becoming Governor, and Xahar's sockpuppet doesn't count.

I think my failed July coup attempt was the last semi-serious opposition you faced, and that was decided in court. Tongue
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #370 on: December 24, 2008, 11:13:04 PM »
« Edited: December 25, 2008, 01:52:44 AM by Senator-elect SPC »

Xahar Missing, Possibly Dead

Disgraced former Attorney General Xahar has been missing since yesterday afternoon. He had been exposed for hacking disgraced former Governor Ben Constine's account a couple days earlier. It is possible that the former plaintiff of Atlasia vs. Ben and would-be defendant of Atlasia vs. Xahar died yesterday afternoon, but it is still uncertain. If a mod or Dave Leip were to confirm this, it would be appreciated.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #371 on: December 25, 2008, 02:17:45 AM »

Xahar Missing, Possibly Dead

Disgraced former Attorney General Xahar has been missing since yesterday afternoon. He had been exposed for hacking disgraced former Governor Ben Constine's account a couple days earlier. It is possible that the former plaintiff of Atlasia vs. Ben and would-be defendant of Atlasia vs. Xahar died yesterday afternoon, but it is still uncertain. If a mod or Dave Leip were to confirm this, it would be appreciated.

Al said that the moderators had not been notified that he had been banned, and that they were still going through the evidence, although "it was pretty clear what had been going on."

Xahar told me a while ago he was going to Houston for the Christmas holiday, so it's possible he left. However, he made no mention of it on the forums, and DWTL pointed out that Xahar's last activity coincided with Dave Liep's last activity. I'm waiting for Cookies and Milk to become active once again. Maybe it will challenge me in the race for Governor again!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #372 on: December 25, 2008, 09:03:01 AM »

He doesn't normally go missing for days at a time?  Perhaps TPTB were wanting to wait until Christmas so they can give us a present.

I guess the big question now is suspension or banning.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #373 on: December 25, 2008, 12:46:44 PM »
« Edited: December 25, 2008, 12:56:01 PM by Eraserhead »

Come on guys, you gotta pass that KotBP act. The King would have wanted it this way.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #374 on: December 25, 2008, 05:59:23 PM »

Attorney General News

In the National Weekly Atlasian's three-day poll commisioned regarding the vacant AG seat, the results showed that 95% approved of Franzl to be the next attorney general. The other candidates in the poll are inconsequential, as they have stated that they were not interested in the position. However, since Franzl has been gone for 3 days, President Bgwah has stated that he will look elsewhere for an attorney general nominee. Based on this news, I find it highly likely that Benconstine will be acquitted. 
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 69  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies