Heck on tape: 'I really' want to support Trump but I can't (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:52:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Heck on tape: 'I really' want to support Trump but I can't (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Heck on tape: 'I really' want to support Trump but I can't  (Read 1645 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 20, 2016, 03:47:14 PM »

Yeah, it's definitely to his honor.

He still must be defeated, though.
New Democratic Plan: Defeat all honorable Republicans in major office and wonder why the crazies are taking control
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 04:08:43 PM »

New Democratic Plan: Defeat all honorable Republicans in major office and wonder why the crazies are taking control

Uh, what? It's not our fault they are losing it. Why would we not go after seats we can win? What good is it leaving these "honorable" Republicans sticking around so they can form a unified front against basically every single thing Hillary (or any Democrat really) wants to do?

Democrats should pick off every single candidate they possibly can until the GOP is nothing more than a backwater rump party. Then maybe the GOP can do some soul-searching, collect themselves and come back with candidates for president that aren't bigoted sexual predators.

Democrats can't talk about nominating bigoted sexual predators. Bill Clinton is a rapist and is rumored to be very racist - at the very least, he uses dogwhistles.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 04:22:50 PM »

The purpose of the Democratic party is to elect Democratic politicians to enact Democratic policies. We're not responsible for what goes on on the other side.

You are responsible for discrediting most major moderate Republicans by defeating them in statewide elections, ruining their national chances.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 07:30:26 PM »

There are exactly zero "honorable" Republicans in major office.
Wow. The irony is strong with this one...
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 07:38:43 PM »

Can we please focus on the utter stupidity of what Kingpoleon posted for a second?
Republicans have done the same thing by targeting Former Senators Landrieu, Begich, and Bayh. This prevalence of party and ideology before country and unity is a bipartisan affair, and both parties are responsible for it.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 08:26:41 PM »

Can we please focus on the utter stupidity of what Kingpoleon posted for a second?
Republicans have done the same thing by targeting Former Senators Landrieu, Begich, and Bayh. This prevalence of party and ideology before country and unity is a bipartisan affair, and both parties are responsible for it.

Again, you're saying that "moderates" (by whatever arbitrary definition you use) are entitled to win reelection. That's just ridiculous.

Moderates have been politically explicitly targeted by both major parties for decades. They are entitled to nothing, but for some reason both parties love to mock and ridicule all moderates they can't defeat.

I definitely sympathize with the idea that it'd be better for the country if there were more conservative Democrats and liberal Republicans, but it's not parties' responsibility to empower the other party. You cannot blame Democrats for wanting to win Nevada, and you cannot blame Republicans for wanting to win Louisiana or Indiana. You cannot expect actors to act altruistically, and frankly it's bizarre to say they should.

But Wolfentoad's insane hackishness is, indeed, mind-blowing.

I do expect parties to put their country first, which is something their explicit targeting of moderates and liberal Republicans/conservative Democrats does not do.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 07:57:00 AM »

It's about the leadership. Moderate Republicans vote to put Mitch McConnell in as leader of the Senate and that means an agenda that is not moderate.
I guess I can't vote for House Democrats then. Nancy Pelosi is more extreme than McConnell.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 04:17:18 PM »

Counting ideology by voting in the Senate is almost always faulty. I'd say they are about even, but Democrats thought they could take down Collins in 2013. Republicans were under no such illusions in 2011.

If you don't believe me about the faultiness, maybe you realize that Kirk is more moderate than Ayotte.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies