WI - Marquette University: Sanders up 4, Cruz up 10 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:13:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  WI - Marquette University: Sanders up 4, Cruz up 10 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI - Marquette University: Sanders up 4, Cruz up 10  (Read 13283 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: March 30, 2016, 03:49:54 PM »

If this result bares out on election day, Trump's path to a majority on the first ballot becomes significantly more narrow.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 03:53:18 PM »

This is an underwhelming performance for Sanders if true. Frankly I don't understand why the Clinton campaign doesn't contest the state more aggressively, a win in Wisconsin will completely discredit Sanders as a serious candidate, at least in the eyes of the media.

Well the harder that try the bigger deal it is if they lose.  Sanders it out spending them significantly and has 3 events in WI today alone. Clinton has no more events in WI before the primary. If it is close they can spin it as a win. 

I think they are looking more at NY and PA to be the knockout. Sanders has to win at least one to prove he is viable.

Losing SC by nearly 50 points was supposed to discredit him in the eyes of the media. Then losing MA was supposed to. Then losing every March 15th state was supposed to. They're clearly not going to give up on the horse race narrative, and Bernie has no intention of dropping out until the final votes are cast. That's fine for him, he's well within his rights to do so, but that's why Hillary is only putting in a token effort. A narrow win for her there would change things as much as her narrow win in MA did (i.e. not at all.)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 04:02:39 PM »

I don't get where this Clinton not contesting is coming - She is heavily campaign - She has several small meetings, meeting business owners n small gatherings. There's not much excitement and neither does she get much crowd, so it makes no sense for her to do large rallies.

Even Chelsea was there - There's 5 days to Wisconsin - I am hoping for 10-15% atleast - Let us see!

I read he's outspending her 10:1.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 04:18:58 PM »

I don't get where this Clinton not contesting is coming - She is heavily campaign - She has several small meetings, meeting business owners n small gatherings. There's not much excitement and neither does she get much crowd, so it makes no sense for her to do large rallies.

Even Chelsea was there - There's 5 days to Wisconsin - I am hoping for 10-15% atleast - Let us see!

According to Morning Consult yesterday, Sanders is outspending Clinton on Wisconsin media buys this week by greater than 10:1.  And someone on the news today said that Clinton has no plans to go back to Wisconsin before next Tuesday.  Both are a mistake if the Marquette poll is correct.  But Hillary's internals must tell her something else.

Or just recognizes her lead is insurmountable and is saving her money for the GE. That's what her SuperPAC has done.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies