is hillary really *that bad*?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 07:24:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  is hillary really *that bad*?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: is hillary really *that bad*?  (Read 5049 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2005, 12:46:05 PM »

does your mom work or has she spent all of her years in the kitchen?

Yep, she works, my wife works, my daughter works, we all work, so what's the point?

I support a women - Rice.  Again, what's your point?

MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2005, 02:16:08 PM »

Yep, she works, my wife works, my daughter works, we all work, so what's the point?

She's in Femi-nazi mode today, I believe.  Watch out, or she'll call you sexist just because you don't agree with every word you say.  hahaha
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2005, 02:50:16 PM »

She's in Femi-nazi mode today, I believe.  Watch out, or she'll call you sexist just because you don't agree with every word you say.  hahaha

Well, MODU, I have a wife, daughter, mother, aunts, and plenty of nieces.  They scare me.  I ain't afraid of the gun totin' Miss Catholic.  Wink
RJ
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2005, 05:15:57 PM »

She is incredible popular abroad and alot of people would respect America more if we had her as our president. The problem is that Americans like being isolationists playing baseball, calling the chicago white sox the world champions and living in the land of Oz on things like science, environment and religion.

I think this is a rational and credible statement.

It should be mandatory for all Americans to spend time abroad -especially for backward men who believe women must live in a kitchen- so then they could learn that we live in the 21st century not the 18th.

Although I don't like the content of this statement, let's face it: The biggest thing holding Hillary from winning a national election is the fact that she's a woman. I think that's what MissCatholic is trying to say.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2005, 05:32:25 PM »

Hillary is not "that bad". But she's been so demonized by the press that she is unelectable. She would be a decent president (certainly 100X better than Bush) but I don't think she should run. She could be very effective if she keeps her Senate seat.

Plus, I don't like legacies (like Dubya) for president.
Eh, I don't think you can quantify it like that, so I'd have left the 100x better than Bush part out (and if Bush's a negative, that makes her a hundred times as bad, right? Huh ), but apart from that this is pretty much my point of view too.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2005, 05:33:06 PM »

TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2005, 09:35:01 PM »

Hillary is not "that bad". But she's been so demonized by the press that she is unelectable. She would be a decent president (certainly 100X better than Bush) but I don't think she should run. She could be very effective if she keeps her Senate seat.

Plus, I don't like legacies (like Dubya) for president.

Exactly
○∙◄☻„tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2005, 03:20:11 PM »

my point was that hillary has been treated unfairly by the righties.

The same could be said about a ton of Democrats.

Yet the far lefties treat Bush and Republicans completly fair, huh?   What a load of crap!!   Democrats can practically take a bath in their own hypocracy. 

If anything, we're too nice to the worst President ever.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2005, 08:51:23 AM »

Yet the far lefties treat Bush and Republicans completly fair, huh?   What a load of crap!!   Democrats can practically take a bath in their own hypocracy. 

You're right.  You all are way too nice to Jimmy Carter. 

hahaha . . . I was thinking the same thing.  *laughs*
RJ
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2005, 01:29:21 AM »

Huh

GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2005, 01:26:43 AM »

Yes she is that bad.  I might be forced to vote for her in the general but I'll be holding my nose.  There are quite a few Republicans I would vote for before I'd vote for Hillary. 
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2005, 09:02:12 AM »

Yes she is that bad.  I might be forced to vote for her in the general but I'll be holding my nose.  There are quite a few Republicans I would vote for before I'd vote for Hillary. 

is she too conservative for you?
Tarazis
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2005, 12:45:21 PM »

Yet the far lefties treat Bush and Republicans completly fair, huh?   What a load of crap!!   Democrats can practically take a bath in their own hypocracy. 

bush is the worst thing that America has ever fostered on the world and that includes Brittany spears.

I think that Hillary would be good for Americans.

Now compleatly off topic.

As for what Miss Catholic said about Americans travailing abroad, you have about 15% passport ownership compared to about 95% here in Ireland. i do think that you should get out more.  The University that i went to had an exchange program with St Marys and Notra Dame, and every year you'd see people come over and they majority would hang out with other Americans and not mix with the Irish and European students. The only thing that they seems to like was drinking and taking the piss and it was like that for the 4 years I was there and there is only one that I became friends with and I would consider her one of my best friends, but the rest kept to themselfs. so really what was the point in comming?

I was in NYC a couple of years ago and a station, I think it was called NEWS10, when they did "international" news there was a map of north and south America....what about the rest of us?Huh? dose nothing happen to us? when the tsunami happened, i watched fox (i can only do it for about ten minuets before wanting to throw something at the TV) and they did the intro of what had happened (about 30sec) and then it was into what would happen if it happened in America? what way do you see the rest of the world? and the only time something gets on network news is if an American is killed or injured.
there is an old Japanese proverb "Mothers if you love your sons make them travel"
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2005, 04:02:30 PM »

Yes she is.  Some of her legal writings scare the hell out of me.  Plus I'd have a hard time voting for anyone to be POTUS who thought the war in Iraq was a good idea. =)

Most importantly however I think she is a political opportunist with no backbone and whom can not admit her mistakes.  Plus what kind of woman stays with a man who REPEATEDLY cheats on her?  Not one I'd want to vote for!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2005, 04:12:32 PM »

Tarazis - yeah, America is  a lot like India in that respect ... the Indian newspapers' international news page is usually over 2/3 Pakistan.

RJ - What's puzzling you, my comment itself or my quoting error that threw up your name in that post? If the latter, my apologies. If the first, no she's not. The idea of electing the former first lady to the presidency leaves people in civilised countries feeling rather bemused. (OF course, the fairly common practice in the US of electing or nominating spouses of deceased politicians is seen as totally weird here as well.) And that's pretty much as far as any discussion of Hilary over here goes...
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies