Why did Putin invade Ukraine? It's not what you think. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:32:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why did Putin invade Ukraine? It's not what you think. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why did Putin invade Ukraine? It's not what you think.  (Read 2665 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« on: September 22, 2023, 07:05:34 PM »

"Invading Ukraine is self-defense because of NATO expansion" is a terrible argument, full stop. It's deeply unserious, and nobody who says it actually believes it.

What happened to you, hermit? Unless I'm confusing you with another CA avatar, you used to be normal a few months ago, but then like a light switch, something changed.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2023, 09:11:09 PM »

There was this level of insanity with the Iraq war and with Vietnam before it, then everybody realized they were fighting for nothing. You have to analyze things. Also, you can look up common Russian names, look them up on Twitter and see the accounts of people from Donbass. I mean accounts that don't even talk about the war. So talk to them and forge your own opinion, away from propaganda.

To be clear... you're invoking Iraq and Vietnam as a defense of Russian's invasion of Ukraine?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2023, 09:17:26 PM »

I'm not talking about partisans, I'm talking about normal people. Despite what most believe, there are many people who are moving on or at least trying to get on with their lives. But do it with an open mind and not with the "they are all Russian propagandists" mentality. I will stop posting here, because no matter what I say, the obvious trolls will continue to insult me no matter what.

If anyone is really interested in knowing my views, they can send me a private message. I will gladly, without insulting, without wishing death to anyone, tell them what I think.

Except the Ukranian people, right?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2023, 09:56:06 PM »

Imagine being so effing stupid that you believe that Putin was "acting in self defense" when he invaded a country that he had already invaded 8 years earlier.

Like, seriously imagine that. I can't even begin to wrap my head around the idea of being so easily fooled by such ridiculous Kremlin propaganda.

I imagine these idiots will be saying the same thing in 2030 when China invades Taiwan. ("They were defending themselves from US aggression!!!")
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2023, 07:30:00 AM »

I don’t really understand why people are fighting when both things can be true simultaneously. Like, I don’t get why people insist in treating this as a black or white geopolitical situation like they were in a Marvel movie.

This is one of the 1% of global conflicts that is black and white.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies