Which of these congressional districts would you most want to live in? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:59:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which of these congressional districts would you most want to live in? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of these congressional districts would you most want to live in?
PA-13

MN-05

NE-03

NJ-07

NY-16

KY-05

CA-48

MS-01

GA-06

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Which of these congressional districts would you most want to live in?  (Read 4980 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: April 13, 2008, 12:32:44 AM »

MN-5.

CA-48 being last, of course.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 10:36:09 AM »

Really? I thought you'd take one of the suburban ones (just one outside of SoCal).

No, MN-5 looks cool. And I like its Congressman. Wink
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 02:29:01 PM »

CA-48. I don't know many people who'd pass up a chance to live in Orange County.

You mean Hell on Earth?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 02:40:22 PM »

CA-48. I don't know many people who'd pass up a chance to live in Orange County.

You mean Hell on Earth?

Eh. But you see dude, that's my thing. So I'm partial to it, LOL. If I ever become independently wealthy in the soulless corporate job I’m aiming to get, I so am moving out there. I know Orange County is depicted as this vapid place with a bunch of airheads, but I LOVE stuff like that, I can’t begin to tell you how much. It's my picture of heaven on earth really. Maybe that says something about me, heh.

It says a lot about you. That you like the evil part of the state.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 03:38:45 PM »

You mean Hell on Earth?

Eh. But you see dude, that's my thing. So I'm partial to it, LOL. If I ever become independently wealthy in the soulless corporate job I’m aiming to get, I so am moving out there. I know Orange County is depicted as this vapid place with a bunch of airheads, but I LOVE stuff like that, I can’t begin to tell you how much. It's my picture of heaven on earth really. Maybe that says something about me, heh.

It's only my second favorite county in the state. You'd be really suprised at the first.

Is it a good place? Or a WTF place like Trinity County?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 03:43:29 PM »

Torie, you can't accuse me of stereotyping. I've been down to Orange County. Too many times to count, in fact. And oh my gosh, it's horrible. Everything about it, down to the way the hills are cut into and terraced for extra housing. And especially that cookie-cutter ballfield you got down by 5 (note the lack of a definite article in front of the number 5), and that team that plays in it 81 times a year.

Rant over. Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 06:56:37 PM »

You mean Hell on Earth?

It's only my second favorite county in the state. You'd be really suprised at the first.

Is it a good place? Or a WTF place like Trinity County?

Colusa County, so more the latter. I'm a weird person if you’ve not already noticed.

COLUSA?HuhHuhHuh?////////////////////////

I no longer have an opinion of you. You defy opinions.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 01:30:13 PM »

Weather is actually the main reason I favored Southern California.  This icy winter bullsh**t gets old quick.

The main problem with MN-05, however, is how isolated I'd feel living in the Midwest, even in a city of size.  I have little desire to actually live there out of fear I'd be bored senseless, and it's just not close enough to other desirable cities should I want to escape for a weekend.

On the east coast, things are much more "consistently dense," and there simply aren't gigantic swaths of nothing like there are in the midwest.  (I'm not saying Hartford or Providence are terrific, ideal cities, but they beat a mosquito-infested lake or broad swath of cornfield.)  New York is only about three or four hours away by car, whereas I'm sure there's even another city worth visiting within four hours of Minneapolis.

Certainly, MN-05 is not my lowest ranked—I'd be waaaaay more miserable in the south (the gay thing) or Nebraska (yawn).  I figure I could probably get a beyond fancy luxury loft in Minneapolis for what I'm paying now in Somerville and live pretty well, but I'm just not really into the MN "scene."

Weather? Southern California weather is horrible.

Of course, this comes from me, so you may not trust it. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies