Canadian by-elections, 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 09:20:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian by-elections, 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian by-elections, 2014  (Read 61289 times)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« on: February 12, 2014, 07:42:34 AM »
« edited: February 12, 2014, 07:45:07 AM by Holmes »

It is interesting that the Liberal vote has plunged in almost every by-election since Wynne has taken control of the party (assuming the poll results for the next two hold true), but she's still leading slightly in the general election polls. Leads me to believe she's toast. Once people pay attention and think about their options, her party's support nosedives. Or it's just by-election shenanigans.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 01:05:49 PM »

Assuming Forum holds tomorrow, who'll get more media crap: Wynne or Hudak?
Wynne. Despite his hometown being in the riding, Hudak has nothing to lose in the race.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 10:54:33 AM »

Yaas, four by-elections wins in two years. Horwath slayage. When will your fave? Let's bring on the general election already.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 07:36:07 PM »

Man, if NDP lose Trinity-Spadina and the provincial election ends up the way it seems to be heading, I'll just pack up my bags for California sooner rather than later.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 05:29:12 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2014, 05:33:07 PM by Holmes »

Moving to the US would be a deal breaker for any relationship I'm in (sorry, Holmes). As liberal as parts of California are, even with Tim Hudak as Premier, Ontario would be a better place. At least we'd still have universal health care.

Oh, and the Liberals winning Trinity-Spadina may be awful, but not quite as awful as many California Democrats.

I suppose if you're wealthy though, California is a better place to go.

Most jobs come with health insurance. Taxes are lower, prices are lower, and the beer is cheaper and more delicious, and incomes are higher.  That being said, it sucks to be poor but many Canadians think the US is much worse than it is.  

I lived in Monterey for 17 years.  Decent place

Neat, I'll be living in Santa Cruz. Well, around there. Probably Watsonville, or maybe Soquel or Capitola... depends where we can get a good apartment.

I'll miss my home of Ontario, don't get me wrong. It'll always be my home. Best province there is. I'm aware that Canada has more safety nets but I can't live my life where it's safe rather than with who and where I want to be. I'm not happy here anymore and it's a risk I want to take. But this is a whole different conversation altogether now.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 05:21:52 PM »

Thibeault must be setting himself up to be the Charlie Crist of Ontario. Gosh, I wonder what Wynne promised Thibeault? No matter, I want to see him go down in flames. Smiley A loss for Wynne is a victory for Ontario. Down with the carpetbagger. Liberals need to stop pretending like they care about Northern Ontario and stop trying to represent us. We need representation that actually gives a damn.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies