The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:57:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 171704 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: October 12, 2020, 05:02:10 PM »

I didn't even realize ljube was still here.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #351 on: October 12, 2020, 07:45:02 PM »

Appears to be a liberal, like all American judges.

I think it's time for a thread rename
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #352 on: October 12, 2020, 07:57:12 PM »

He's using the objective definition of liberalism, not the American one.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #353 on: October 15, 2020, 08:00:01 AM »

I don't get the HP votes. I have some political disagreements with her, but she's overall a very agreeable and kind poster, and that's kind of rare online, where people are often intentionally mean to get a reaction out of others. I'll definitely take someone who tries not to stir the pot over someone who always wants to do so just to entertain themselves by pissing off other people.

Likely a mixture of folks who think that I'm (a) actually a forty-year old white guy in his mom's basement.

Fwiw, I do not think you are a four-year-old guy living in your mom's basement. Paragraph I guess somewhere in the early to mid 50s. Besides, you probably moved out when your mom couldn't understand the special relationship with your hentai pillow.

It's absurd that Badger, who at one time was a quality poster, is now so lazy he doesn't bother to check, let alone revise, what his speech-to-text generator has produced before hitting post.

Too be fair, a few posts before that he admitted he was posting drunk.

What he said was that he hasn't had a beer all week. I don't think that implies drunk posting, however, real ones drink spirits and wine so maybe he left us a red herring.

While his atrocious speech-to-text generator gives the impression of drunkenness, apathy is a more likely explanation. Perverse stubbornness on his part is the other probable explanation for his continuation of his widely ridiculed posting method.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #354 on: October 15, 2020, 08:34:21 AM »

so like when me and my wife were 22 and got married would we not have been allowed to live together lmao

big gov can go f!ck themselves. it makes me so mad.
I would rather the big gov. f**ks me. I want to be treaded on so badly.

Lmao
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #355 on: October 15, 2020, 09:43:13 AM »

Well, the people of Kentucky would have been better off today, had they elected Bevin instead of this incompetent hack Beshear.

His follow-up deserves a mention too.

Conservatives really are a special group of people.

Well, the people of Kentucky would have been better off today, had they elected Bevin instead of this incompetent hack Beshear.

Yes, because the track record of Republican governors in handling COVID has been just stellar across the board.

Yes, it has. The economy of the states with Democratic governors has suffered much more than the economy of the states with Republican governors.

Pordor4
Rookie

« Reply #356 on: October 15, 2020, 10:50:42 AM »

[Clarence Thomas is] the best justice in generations.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #357 on: October 15, 2020, 06:33:45 PM »

so like when me and my wife were 22 and got married would we not have been allowed to live together lmao

big gov can go f!ck themselves. it makes me so mad.
I would rather the big gov. f**ks me. I want to be treaded on so badly.

Lmao
How is this a bad post?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #358 on: October 16, 2020, 12:06:21 PM »

This still doesn't explain why flyover country WWC people deserve a tax cut.

I mean of course, I would support my own interests. Quite frankly, I also never get this sympathy for these rural racists in Appalachia, I never understood why we must pander to them? Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't think I am.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #359 on: October 16, 2020, 02:41:29 PM »

I mean of course, I would support my own interests. Quite frankly, I also never get this sympathy for these rural racists in Appalachia, I never understood why we must pander to them? Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't think I am.

So we should be subsidizing WV racists?Huh?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #360 on: October 16, 2020, 02:43:56 PM »

We get it, you hate white people and you hate poor people.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #361 on: October 16, 2020, 02:46:21 PM »

I mean honestly WV is just full of rural, racist hicks who can't tolerate Democrats because Democrats want to do something about climate change and don't play white resentment politics. The old Dixiecrats couldn't bear to see their beloved party actually decide to support minorities. Also let's be honest, if WV voted Democrat, Republicans would say the exact same thing about how awful it is.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #362 on: October 16, 2020, 02:47:40 PM »

What do you mean by that? We should just ignore and mistreat people and let them suffer just because of they place they live? That isn’t right, come on.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #363 on: October 16, 2020, 02:55:01 PM »

I mean honestly WV is just full of rural, racist hicks who can't tolerate Democrats because Democrats want to do something about climate change and don't play white resentment politics. The old Dixiecrats couldn't bear to see their beloved party actually decide to support minorities. Also let's be honest, if WV voted Democrat, Republicans would say the exact same thing about how awful it is.

First of all , WV swung Democratic from 1960 to 1988 when the rest of the south swung massively Republican so it is not a Dixiecrat state. Furthermore, George Wallace did worse in West Virginia than he did nationally while in every other southern state it was the complete opposite so again your point is false(Also George Wallace did better in Fairfax County than he did in West Virginia as well).

The reason it changed has to do with two issues and that is the democrats have become anti coal which is exactly when they started to trend hard against the Democrats and they are very pro gun too and guns becoming a partisan issue made them trend hard against the Democrats as well.

Yes you are right about that : http://freerepublic.com/focus/news/948436/posts

Republicans did trash WV and say terrible things about them but that doesnt mean these people weren't hacks(im sure most of these people think think WV is great today).

Oh and Democrats back then said one of the reason West Virginia was good was its not Virginia: https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x1103580

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #364 on: October 16, 2020, 03:22:44 PM »

There's a massive difference between "stop subsidizing a dying industry like coal" and "let those racist hicks die".
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #365 on: October 16, 2020, 03:41:03 PM »

There's a massive difference between "stop subsidizing a dying industry like coal" and "let those racist hicks die".

Fair, but I am bothered by this obsession by some people that the blue states should be forced to bail out places like WV, they should raise their taxes, if they can't pay for stuff, they sure shouldn't ask for tax cuts.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #366 on: October 16, 2020, 04:30:15 PM »

Fair, but I am bothered by this obsession by some people that the blue states should be forced to bail out places like WV, they should raise their taxes, if they can't pay for stuff, they sure shouldn't ask for tax cuts.

Lmao it’s not bailing out at all . The SALT deduction is the federal government subsidizing high tax states and no reducing it doesn’t benefit WWC over affluent states .

Oregon was far worse hit by the limitation of the deduction than Washington despite being more WWC and less affluent
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #367 on: October 16, 2020, 04:39:44 PM »

Lmao it’s not bailing out at all . The SALT deduction is the federal government subsidizing high tax states and no reducing it doesn’t benefit WWC over affluent states .

Oregon was far worse hit by the limitation of the deduction than Washington despite being more WWC and less affluent

This assumes things happen in a vacuum but they don't. The tax scam was a giveaway to flyover country, I don't see how you can see it any other way
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #368 on: October 16, 2020, 04:43:18 PM »

If you want to stop subsidizing poor, stupid racists, then stop supporting the party that wants to give them free healthcare, social security, UBI, and welfare.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #369 on: October 16, 2020, 04:45:06 PM »

If you want to stop subsidizing poor, stupid racists, then stop supporting the party that wants to give them free healthcare, social security, UBI, and welfare.

I see you've returned to your precious Republicans, before the election is even over.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #370 on: October 16, 2020, 04:55:30 PM »

This assumes things happen in a vacuum but they don't. The tax scam was a giveaway to flyover country, I don't see how you can see it any other way

Like i said Jack Kemp proposed eliminating SALT back in 1985 so this wasn’t a new thing(jack kemp represented New York too)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #371 on: October 16, 2020, 06:03:06 PM »

I see you've returned to your precious Republicans, before the election is even over.

Huh You're the one with the blue avatar.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #372 on: October 16, 2020, 07:05:50 PM »

The avatar's a meme look at the username
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #373 on: October 16, 2020, 07:08:06 PM »

Dule voted for Clinton in the primaries and the general election and voted for Dianne Feinstein in 2018, and is voting for Biden.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #374 on: October 16, 2020, 07:09:38 PM »

The avatar's a meme look at the username

To quote BRTD:

All I'll say is I have never found even a single one [of these avatars] to 1-have any sort of humor content whatsoever or 2-been an enlightening or interesting form of political commentary. They're also annoying in that they make it difficult to keep track of who posters are although I might just start putting anyone with one on ignore on principle as long as they have one so that won't really be an issue.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies