Banning the Daisy Red Ryder (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:35:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Banning the Daisy Red Ryder (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you agree or disagree with this?
Agree

Disagree

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: Banning the Daisy Red Ryder  (Read 2262 times)
David S
Junior Chimp

« on: November 14, 2006, 05:45:21 PM »

Caution bureaucrats at work.
http://www.nranews.com/blogarticle.aspx?blogPostId=64

NRA News
11/13/2006

You might think that Massachusetts can't become any more anti-gun.

Well, think again.  Now there's a proposal to ban BB guns in Massachusetts.  Complete with a BB gun amnesty period.  And a BB gun buyback program.

Millions of kids have grown up with BB and pellet guns.  I don't know of any that were turned into criminals by their Daisy Red Ryder BB gun.

But that doesn't matter to the politicians in Massachusetts.  They think BB guns are bad, and they want them outlawed.

In fact, these politicians not only plan to ban BB guns in Massachusetts, they're sending letters to Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Rhode Island to ask those states to do the same. 

In the words of one of these anti-gun politicians, their goal is to make "New England an area free of pellet guns and BB guns."

'Scuse me, but isn't Massachusetts the same home state of some of the bravest patriots to fight in the Revolutionary War?  Paul Revere must be rolling over in his grave right now. 

In Massachusetts, they've gone from the cradle of liberty to a state that treats its residents like children.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 06:01:55 PM »

Terrible, terrible measure.  Dammit, why can't Democrats quit it with the gun control plank?  I'm sick of seeing the NRA become a funding arm of the Republican Party.

You might be happy to know that the NRA gave Republican Ron Paul only a B rating while giving his Democratic opponent an A.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 09:04:21 PM »

We grew up with BB guns, and I remember having huge wars in the woods with them, with cousins and their neighbors.  We would all just shoot directly at each other with no regard whatsoever for safety.  My brother and I generally wore jeans or trousers, and so were less vulnerable than my shorts-wearing cousins, not to mention I wore heavy, thick glasses.  I remember one of my cousins got a BB buried in his leg.. fair amount of blood trickling down.  Minor injuries were common, but luckily we all kept our eyes intact - pure luck.

Did you take a few shots to the brain? That could explain a lot.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies