Republicans and New England House Seats (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:03:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Republicans and New England House Seats (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How many House seats will Republicans hold in New England after the 2012 election?

5 or more

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: Republicans and New England House Seats  (Read 3260 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: January 29, 2011, 03:56:38 PM »

You really ought to wait for re-districting. It's possible that only NH will have any GOP opportunities and it's doubtful Bass can defeat Kuster again.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 05:11:41 PM »

You really ought to wait for re-districting. It's possible that only NH will have any GOP opportunities and it's doubtful Bass can defeat Kuster again.

You're saying that there might be gerrymandering in Connecticut?

Yeah, with the 5th made more Democratic and maybe the 4th as well, Republicans have no where to go here. If Bysiewicz wins the Democratic primary for Senate, the Senate race will be more competitive than the House races.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 07:11:32 PM »

Bass is not surviving. I expect Guinta to hold on.

I wonder if Lamontagne can primary Bass from the right. He'd actually be a stronger candidate than Bass too.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 08:07:14 PM »

The CT GOP can't decide whether it wants to appeal to the socially conservative working class whites or the wealthy social liberals that make up places like CT-04. It's increasingly difficult to do both.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 08:08:32 PM »

Bass is not surviving. I expect Guinta to hold on.

I wonder if Lamontagne can primary Bass from the right. He'd actually be a stronger candidate than Bass too.
Isn't he in the other district? Ayotte does live in the second, as did Judd Gregg before her.

Not sure but I don't think moving to the other district matters. Regionalism isn't rampant in NH.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies