Israel general discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:17:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel general discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel general discussion  (Read 228978 times)
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« on: September 03, 2015, 03:27:42 PM »

To be honest, I don't think there's going to be any serious moves towards a peace settlement until the current Israeli PM leaves the political scene.
Israeli society has shifted to the right, it's not just a Netanyahu thing. I would bet a lot of money that the next Likud leader will be further to the right (with regard to the conflict) than Netanyahu.
Then Israel will lose all the international legitimacy it has left. No one left to blame if they keep this up and move to the right.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 10:26:03 AM »

Anyone going to challenge Herzog. He can't win imo.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 03:28:00 PM »

Impressive for YA. Further proof Labor needs a new leader which seems very possible at this point.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 08:04:00 PM »

I recommend people to watch this John Kerry speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q10MZaKH8oQ
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 06:09:00 PM »

Israel is probably the only country that would rather want Trump more than even Hillary. We need to stop acting like they're our brothers and start treating them like other countries. I'm so sick of Israeli hypocrisy over the Jewish state nonsense while grabbing more land. It only hurts Americans.

Is there any center-leftist that can run for Labor leadership and win? At least give us some hope instead of replaying the cycle
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 11:39:47 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2016, 11:42:28 PM by Comrade Funk »

You can't really discuss Israeli politics without discussing American politics because the United States of America is the only thing keeping Israel safe from repercussions of their policies. The only ones who made Israel a partisan issue are Israeli governments who condoned expansionist policies into an Arab-dominated area (post-67), while harping on about how Israel must remain Jewish even as it absorbs and takes Arab land. Of course Netanyahu made it worse by actively supporting the political rival of the sitting head of state in 2012. If he (or any belligerent right-winger) continues to hold on to power, Israel will lose the Democratic Party and rightfully so. Now, some would assume if you're against Israel, you're somehow pro-Hamas. I can't believe I have to say this, but being anti-Israel in some regards doesn't mean anyone condones Palestinian terrorism. One can be against Israeli imperial expansion as well as Palestinian Islamic terrorism, while supporting the level-headed people (I understand there are probably more in Israel, but even that's dwindling) instead.

I'm Jewish and I care about Israel like any immigrant would care about their 'homeland', which is why I actually hope that there is some miracle and Israel somehow elects someone sane and reasonable. That means no BS about building more settlements for "security". Probably won't happen, but hey call me an idealist. Thank god I get to live in America and we don't have to deal with this crap.

Edit: Unless the Donald is elected ofc!
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 11:50:52 PM »

Unless young people (who overwhelmingly support the Democrats) radically change their political opinions, then I do think Israel has a lot to worry about.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 05:36:49 PM »

What about Yuval Diskin for Labor? While he is pretty leftist from what I gather, at least he has balls and provides an alternative. I really hope one of Diskin, Ashkenazi, or Gantz jump into politics for the sake of their country.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 06:37:33 PM »

Meanwhile, the story of the Hebron soldier who shot dead a wounded terrorist that had attacked one of his fellow soldiers a few minutes before is blowing up in the hands of Benjamin Netanyahu. The video, which prompted both international and national criticism of the soldier's conduct, was released by B'Tselem. The UN and ministers Benjamin Netanyahu and Moshe Ya'alon (Defense) condemned the soldier's action, whereas MKs Avigdor Lieberman (YB), Bezalel Smotrich (BY/Tekuma) and Oren Hazan (Likud) publicly supported the soldier. The IDF announced that an investigation would take place. On Friday, however, a second video was published, in which it became apparent that the soldier might have had a reason to believe that the terroris was, in fact, wearing an explosive vest. This prompted more public figures to come out in support of the soldier.

The story has become the talk of the town in Israel, and it is not the first one: a few years ago, the fairly similar story of "David HaNahalawi", a soldier who had pointed his gun at a minor threatening him, became an issue. Of course, this is a very sensitive subject and since almost all non-haredi Israelis have served in the IDF at some point, there is much solidarity with the Hebron soldier. Most Likud voters presumably stand with the soldier, so Netanyahu needs to hope this story does not drag on for too long. He might be unlucky: the soldier might be prosecuted with murder.
So the IDF must be wrong too...
IDF officials reject claims soldier in Hebron feared bomb/
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 01:26:36 AM »

So the target was a soldier, who is part of a belligerent occupation of a subjugated populace (which, on top of that, is slowly being ethnically cleansed) and the attacker is a terrorist? I thought there was supposed to be a distinction between civilian and military targets?

Why don't you block me as well then? I'm sure it will be just as effective as when DavidB. blocked me. Roll Eyes

I don't block people for dissenting opinions. I block people, like AlwaysBernie and IndyTexas, who are blind hacks and completely belligerent in their opinions.

I won't bother arguing with you because, as we both know, it won't end in any mutual agreement. However, I have no reason to block you.

Now, why don't you be a useful puppet and ignore the war-crimes of ISIS, Assad, Hezbollah and Hamas while you protest Israel.
I never understand this argument. Just cause Hamas and Assad are bad, doesn't mean Israel isn't doing really bad stuff too. Isn't it a bit weird Israel has the "let's stay majority Jewish" fetish while gobbling non-Jewish land?
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 10:18:45 AM »

Ya'alon is running for PM
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 07:09:25 PM »

Israel needs to ask itself whether it wants to be the Soviets, or the Americans.
It should be neither of those. Israel should first and foremost be a Jewish state, and its laws regarding war and peace should be based on Jewish laws regarding law and peace.
Sounds like a theocracy
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 02:35:58 PM »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-08/jerusalem-truck-attack/8168824

This is total crap. I cannot see what the Palestinians could be possibly hoping to achieve.

If anything, it just sets their cause back.
Religious nationalism is a dirty combination. Deranges the mind.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2018, 05:39:16 PM »

HOO BOY

I dont usually follow Israeli politics, but Bibi graduated from my high school. This is fun.

Wait what? How?
He went to school in the Philly suburbs
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2018, 07:35:02 PM »

So, uh, just to be clear, there was clearly some sort of organized decision to troll this thread today, given how many of this board's worst elements just spontaneously decided to show up here.

How very SJP of you.
To you any criticism of Israel is a conspiracy
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 07:59:59 PM »

Welp. This guy is on to us and our coordinated conspiracy. What's are next course of action fellow Hamas members?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies