Israel general discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:50:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel general discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 74
Author Topic: Israel general discussion  (Read 227504 times)
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: March 23, 2016, 09:38:35 PM »

And I would like to have a BMW. And a mansion with a swimming pool. But an important part of growing up and becoming an adult is knowing that you sometimes don't get what you want, Berniebro.

That doesn't seem very adult of a response on your behalf.
I mean given that you're basically the one throwing the equivalent of a three year old's temper tantrum in this thread, not sure you're one to talk.

Not sure how it's a temper tantrum. Who am I personally attacking?
The purpose of this board is for Danny to give us updates on the most recent Israeli junk polls, hnv1 to alert us on which labour bureaucrat is stabbing his rival for control of a doomed party, and DavidB to  remind us that, yes, srugim are a thing. Not included is overgrown manchildren from the 2016 board whinging about how they REALLY REALLY HATE ISRAEL for the twenty thousandth time. Your presence is unwanted, and a nuisance. Begone.

I have a right to my opinion as do you.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #601 on: March 23, 2016, 09:41:26 PM »

In 72 hours, you managed to make 20 (!) posts to this thread which can be summarized as follows: "I don't know anything about either Israeli politics or the history of the US intervention in Iraq, but Israel is responsible for it, I'm just so Very Angry about all this, but it's all cool because I'm really, really not an anti-Semite!" If that's not a typical BernieBro temper tantrum, albeit a rather long one, then what is?

What I would say is they aren't responsible for it but played a role in it and Netanyahu was the same war hawk then that he is now.

Criticism of Israel does not mean being anti-Semitic. Not at all.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #602 on: March 23, 2016, 11:57:13 PM »

And I would like to have a BMW. And a mansion with a swimming pool. But an important part of growing up and becoming an adult is knowing that you sometimes don't get what you want, Berniebro.

I mean given that you're basically the one throwing the equivalent of a three year old's temper tantrum in this thread, not sure you're one to talk.

The purpose of this board is for Danny to give us updates on the most recent Israeli junk polls, hnv1 to alert us on which labour bureaucrat is stabbing his rival for control of a doomed party, and DavidB to  remind us that, yes, srugim are a thing. Not included is overgrown manchildren from the 2016 board whinging about how they REALLY REALLY HATE ISRAEL for the twenty thousandth time. Your presence is unwanted, and a nuisance. Begone.

The etiquette for ignorant babble is comparable to that for nudism- if you MUST express yourself, do so within the confines of your own home, alone, else risk getting called out by angry passersby.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #603 on: March 24, 2016, 06:02:11 AM »

Yawn. New trashposter spotted. Enjoy ignore, Berniebro.

This thread is about politics in Israel, not about your irrelevant opinion of Israel.
For once, I'm in complete agreement with you.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #604 on: March 24, 2016, 06:55:47 AM »

The etiquette for ignorant babble is comparable to that for nudism- if you MUST express yourself, do so within the confines of your own home, alone, else risk getting called out by angry passersby.

I'm not afraid of getting called out and debating people here. Why you're so offended is beyond me.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #605 on: March 24, 2016, 07:18:05 AM »

I'm not afraid of getting called out and debating people here. Why you're so offended is beyond me.
It's because this thread is "special".  If you look back, it's mostly about internal politics and less about Israel's relations with other parties, why they suck and why they're awesome.  And that's fine, I don't have a problem with that.  A problem does arise when a second Israel general discussion thread pops up wanting to discuss external matters and people say go talk about it in this thread.
P123

Political Matrix
E: 3.64, S: 3.20

« Reply #606 on: March 24, 2016, 07:22:03 AM »
« Edited: March 24, 2016, 07:27:39 AM by P123 »

Even though Sanders is the most Israeli critical of all the serious presidential candidates, a lot of holier than thou leftists who are always anxious to call people out want to pin him as being pro-Israel. This is a major problem because most young people in America (his base) are basically pro-Hamas.

This Sanders supporter is Pro-Palestine. I'm not anti-Semitic, I'm against the terrorist state that is Israel. They're a parasitic country. The United States owes Israel nothing. My allegiance is to America, not Israel.

Remember: Israel needs America. Not the other way around.

Why are you so anti-semitic? This thread is about general Israel discussion, not about personal opinion on politics.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #607 on: March 24, 2016, 07:30:34 AM »

Even though Sanders is the most Israeli critical of all the serious presidential candidates, a lot of holier than thou leftists who are always anxious to call people out want to pin him as being pro-Israel. This is a major problem because most young people in America (his base) are basically pro-Hamas.

This Sanders supporter is Pro-Palestine. I'm not anti-Semitic, I'm against the terrorist state that is Israel. They're a parasitic country. The United States owes Israel nothing. My allegiance is to America, not Israel.

Why are you so anti-semitic? This thread is about general Israel discussion, not about personal opinion on politics.

Israel is not immune from criticism and criticizing Israel does not equate with anti-Semitism.
P123

Political Matrix

« Reply #608 on: March 24, 2016, 07:36:53 AM »
« Edited: March 24, 2016, 07:38:54 AM by P123 »

Israel is not immune from criticism and criticizing Israel does not equate with anti-Semitism.

Blaming Israel for Iraq certainly does. Then calling the county a terrorist nation, which is completely ridiculous.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #609 on: March 24, 2016, 07:40:09 AM »

Blaming Israel for Iraq certainly does.

It's certainly true that Netanyahu, who is now back in power, supported the war, which in turn helped create the Islamic State. All I'm saying is I want him to be a major player in taking these monsters down.

You advocate for a war, consequences ensue, now clean up the mess you partly contributed to.
P123

Political Matrix

« Reply #610 on: March 24, 2016, 08:07:30 AM »

It's certainly true that Netanyahu, who is now back in power, supported the war, which in turn helped create the Islamic State. All I'm saying is I want him to be a major player in taking these monsters down.

You advocate for a war, consequences ensue, now clean up the mess you partly contributed to.

A boatload of countries supported Iraq. Had nothing to do with Israel.

You should know Netanyahu wasint even in office during Iraq.

And obviously Israel should, will, and is helping us destroy the disgusting monster of ISIS. The county that really needs to pay for legit evil is Saudi Arabia.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #611 on: March 24, 2016, 09:24:55 AM »

Yawn! can we resume discussing Israeli politics thank you?

Haaretz poll from this morning with a Ashkenazi-Saar-Kachlon party
ASK - 23
Likud - 22
ZU -15
Lapid - 13
JAL- 13
JH - 10
Shas - 7
UTJ - 7
Meretz - 5
Liberman - 5

well this is the first party formation that can establish a government not let by Likud (JAL\Meretz\JH the only parties who will not be viable partners in a coalition here)

And to Labour backstabbing (come on you know you missed it): Margalit fired up on Herzog and Livni and wants to break up the union, with convention elections coming up in June I'm hearing of lots of infighting, and Shelly as always is doing whatever she wants
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #612 on: March 24, 2016, 11:28:43 AM »

How likely is the creation of such an ASK party? Who would be the leader? If that was the election result, would they prefer to ally with Likud and the right-wing parties, or to form a smaller government with the left (ASK/Lapid/Avoda/Meretz is 56, so presumably they could convince Liberman or one of the Orthodox parties to back the government)?
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #613 on: March 24, 2016, 04:02:45 PM »

And obviously Israel should, will, and is helping us destroy the disgusting monster of ISIS. The county that really needs to pay for legit evil is Saudi Arabia.

I know he wasn't, but now he's back and since he's the one in charge, he should fight them too.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #614 on: March 24, 2016, 05:28:15 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2016, 05:50:37 PM by #NeverTrump »

I know he wasn't, but now he's back and since he's the one in charge, he should fight them too.

Everyone should fight ISIS. We all need to play a part in destroying this scourge to humanity.

That being said, Israel doesn't "owe" anything in particular to this fight, certainly not more than other countries. In fact, I would urge everyone to drop the whole argument of what "Israel owes", simply because any discussion of debt in terms of Israel's population and the rest of the world is not going to end with Israel in the red.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #615 on: March 24, 2016, 05:36:49 PM »

What about Yuval Diskin for Labor? While he is pretty leftist from what I gather, at least he has balls and provides an alternative. I really hope one of Diskin, Ashkenazi, or Gantz jump into politics for the sake of their country.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #616 on: March 25, 2016, 11:00:04 AM »

How likely is the creation of such an ASK party? Who would be the leader? If that was the election result, would they prefer to ally with Likud and the right-wing parties, or to form a smaller government with the left (ASK/Lapid/Avoda/Meretz is 56, so presumably they could convince Liberman or one of the Orthodox parties to back the government)?
The problem is between Ashkenazi and Saar, Kachlon has no PM intentions. The likely coalition here is ASK-Labour-Lapid-UTJ-Shas at 65, don't think they'll include Meretz in it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Appears to be the dream candidate of everyone of the left but he does no ground work and just writes his witty posts on facebook, that's not how he's going to win the Labour leadership. To do that you need a coalition of 2 of the 3: Tradeunionists (loyal to Nisankoren)\elder voters (loyal to Herzog but could go for any "solid" runner)\young voters (most of which are Shelly loyal). The rest of the groups in the party of are to small to tilt an entire leadership election.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #617 on: March 26, 2016, 02:46:38 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2016, 09:53:19 PM by DavidB. »

Meanwhile, the story of the Hebron soldier who shot dead a wounded terrorist that had attacked one of his fellow soldiers a few minutes before is blowing up in the hands of Benjamin Netanyahu. The video, which prompted both international and national criticism of the soldier's conduct, was released by B'Tselem. The UN and ministers Benjamin Netanyahu and Moshe Ya'alon (Defense) condemned the soldier's action, whereas MKs Avigdor Lieberman (YB), Bezalel Smotrich (BY/Tekuma) and Oren Hazan (Likud) publicly supported the soldier. The IDF announced that an investigation would take place. On Friday, however, a second video was published, in which it became apparent that the soldier might have had a reason to believe that the terroris was, in fact, wearing an explosive vest. This prompted more public figures to come out in support of the soldier.

The story has become the talk of the town in Israel, and it is not the first one: a few years ago, the fairly similar story of "David HaNahalawi", a soldier who had pointed his gun at a minor threatening him, became an issue. Of course, this is a very sensitive subject and since almost all non-haredi Israelis have served in the IDF at some point, there is much solidarity with the Hebron soldier. Most Likud voters presumably stand with the soldier, so Netanyahu needs to hope this story does not drag on for too long. He might be unlucky: the soldier might be prosecuted for murder.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #618 on: March 26, 2016, 06:37:33 PM »

Meanwhile, the story of the Hebron soldier who shot dead a wounded terrorist that had attacked one of his fellow soldiers a few minutes before is blowing up in the hands of Benjamin Netanyahu. The video, which prompted both international and national criticism of the soldier's conduct, was released by B'Tselem. The UN and ministers Benjamin Netanyahu and Moshe Ya'alon (Defense) condemned the soldier's action, whereas MKs Avigdor Lieberman (YB), Bezalel Smotrich (BY/Tekuma) and Oren Hazan (Likud) publicly supported the soldier. The IDF announced that an investigation would take place. On Friday, however, a second video was published, in which it became apparent that the soldier might have had a reason to believe that the terroris was, in fact, wearing an explosive vest. This prompted more public figures to come out in support of the soldier.

The story has become the talk of the town in Israel, and it is not the first one: a few years ago, the fairly similar story of "David HaNahalawi", a soldier who had pointed his gun at a minor threatening him, became an issue. Of course, this is a very sensitive subject and since almost all non-haredi Israelis have served in the IDF at some point, there is much solidarity with the Hebron soldier. Most Likud voters presumably stand with the soldier, so Netanyahu needs to hope this story does not drag on for too long. He might be unlucky: the soldier might be prosecuted with murder.
So the IDF must be wrong too...
IDF officials reject claims soldier in Hebron feared bomb/
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #619 on: March 26, 2016, 07:25:45 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2016, 07:28:52 PM by SunriseAroundTheWorld »

Well, I've blocked AlwaysBernie after reading his idiotic ramblings.

Moving onto the solider controversy. I feel  for the solider's family, it seems like he let his emotions get the best of him, however, the IDF does have protocol and he violated it. His own soldiers aren't even defending him.

He didn't attack an innocent person, however, and that should be stated over and over. He attack a terrorist, but at the same time Israel prides itself on building a moral military. This type of incident cannot be allowed to go unquestioned.

Also, MKs Avigdor Lieberman, Bezalel Smotrich and Oren Hazan are not people I'd want to cite as people on this solidier's side. Smotrich is crazy, Lieberman is an attention whore, and Hazan is an a-hole.

So, all and all, I think the government and IDF responded appropriately
Angel of Death
« Reply #620 on: March 26, 2016, 08:55:44 PM »

So the target was a soldier, who is part of a belligerent occupation of a subjugated populace (which, on top of that, is slowly being ethnically cleansed) and the attacker is a terrorist? I thought there was supposed to be a distinction between civilian and military targets?

Why don't you block me as well then? I'm sure it will be just as effective as when DavidB. blocked me. Roll Eyes
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #621 on: March 26, 2016, 09:43:09 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2016, 09:45:04 PM by DavidB. »

Also, MKs Avigdor Lieberman, Bezalel Smotrich and Oren Hazan are not people I'd want to cite as people on this solidier's side. Smotrich is crazy, Lieberman is an attention whore, and Hazan is an a-hole.

So, all and all, I think the government and IDF responded appropriately
Then you are the one who's not on the soldier's side, not these three high-energy politicians. No surprise though.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #622 on: March 26, 2016, 09:52:05 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2016, 09:57:49 PM by MalaspinaGold »

The story has become the talk of the town in Israel, and it is not the first one: a few years ago, the fairly similar story of "David HaNahalawi", a soldier who had pointed his gun at a minor threatening him, became an issue. Of course, this is a very sensitive subject and since almost all non-haredi Israelis have served in the IDF at some point, there is much solidarity with the Hebron soldier. Most Likud voters presumably stand with the soldier, so Netanyahu needs to hope this story does not drag on for too long. He might be unlucky: the soldier might be prosecuted with murder.
So the IDF must be wrong too...
IDF officials reject claims soldier in Hebron feared bomb/

DavidB. has long shown himself to be disrespectful of the IDF and it's leaders. SAD!

So the target was a soldier, who is part of a belligerent occupation of a subjugated populace (which, on top of that, is slowly being ethnically cleansed) and the attacker is a terrorist? I thought there was supposed to be a distinction between civilian and military targets?

Why don't you block me as well then? I'm sure it will be just as effective as when DavidB. blocked me. Roll Eyes

I assume you're one of those who justified the Paris attacks because ZOMG France is droning innocent Syrians?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #623 on: March 26, 2016, 09:56:42 PM »

DavidB. has long shown himself to be disrespectful of the IDF and it's duties. SAD!
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #624 on: March 26, 2016, 11:55:36 PM »

I don't block people for dissenting opinions. I block people, like AlwaysBernie and IndyTexas, who are blind hacks and completely belligerent in their opinions.

I won't bother arguing with you because, as we both know, it won't end in any mutual agreement. However, I have no reason to block you.

Now, why don't you be a useful puppet and ignore the war-crimes of ISIS, Assad, Hezbollah and Hamas while you protest Israel.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies