Is Israel the best or 2nd best country in the Middle East?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:40:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is Israel the best or 2nd best country in the Middle East?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Doesn't mean if its a FF or HP country. Just compare it to the other ME countries.
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Is Israel the best or 2nd best country in the Middle East?  (Read 1879 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 21, 2019, 10:25:07 PM »
« edited: July 21, 2019, 11:19:56 PM by Lfromnj stands with Sanchez. »

This question doesn't ask if you actually like Israel but if its better than the surrounding countries. For example I think Israel is a HP country but its probably overattacked(except by the US and bribed countries)/ and I would much rather the US be allied with Israel than any other Middle Eastern country.

For me the answer is a yes. Allowed a second best just incase if someone thinks maybe 1 other country is better.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 10:42:19 PM »

Obviously yes.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 04:50:22 AM »

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 10:24:55 AM »

It's not even close, is it?  I doubt we could even agree on who number 2 would be.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 11:17:21 AM »

Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 11:23:48 AM »

Somewhere between no and definitely not, depending on how expansive your definition of the region is (Tunisia and Morocco).
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 11:27:18 AM »

Oman is probably the best. Though they are an absolute monarchy, they've managed to stay neutral in the destructive conflicts plaguing the Middle East, most notably the Saudi-Iranian rivalry. That in itself is a great achievement.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 11:53:39 AM »

Define "best", because there are various distinct criterias with diffrent answers to each.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 12:05:09 PM »

Oman is probably the best. Though they are an absolute monarchy, they've managed to stay neutral in the destructive conflicts plaguing the Middle East, most notably the Saudi-Iranian rivalry. That in itself is a great achievement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Oman

Easy to say when you're comfortably sitting with all your free speech and liberty. I'd also add that it's pretty unfair to call us worse than an authoritarian, theocratic absolute monarchy because we don't "stay out" of conflicts when we're literally everyone's favourite boogeyman in the region. We can't stay out.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 12:09:59 PM »

Easy to say when you're comfortably sitting with all your free speech and liberty. I'd also add that it's pretty unfair to call us worse than an authoritarian, theocratic absolute monarchy because we don't "stay out" of conflicts when we're literally everyone's favourite boogeyman in the region. We can't stay out.

Imagine being comfortable with these things.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2019, 12:12:19 PM »

Not to mention that staying out of conflict isn't really something that I would consider to be inherently virtuous.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2019, 12:17:14 PM »

Yeah.  Judging countries by human rights, it's the best in the region.  Unless, maybe, if you count Cyprus.  Then Israel's the second best.

Israel treats its citizens well.  The Palestinians deserve to be treated better, but even then the other countries in the region are worse on human rights.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2019, 12:46:23 PM »

Not to mention that staying out of conflict isn't really something that I would consider to be inherently virtuous.

I mean its good for the US to stay out of conflict half way across the world but I think all 3 of Israel's wars are justified considering 2/3 are self defense and the 3rd was a surprise attack days before the other countries would have attacked.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2019, 01:26:16 PM »

Yeah you might be right; should've thought that over more.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2019, 01:31:49 PM »

It's not even close, is it?  I doubt we could even agree on who number 2 would be.
Lebanon, Kuwait, Iraq, Jordan are probably the next top four. Which really says a lot about the Middle East.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2019, 01:42:10 PM »

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue...
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2019, 03:34:32 PM »

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2019, 03:41:00 PM »

Cyprus is clear best.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2019, 04:49:06 AM »

Cyprus is not usually considered part of the Middle East, so this leaves Israel in first place (possibly in second place dependent on whether Tunisia is in the Middle East). Which says a lot about how terrible the Middle East is.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2019, 09:50:58 AM »

Yes. Would be even better if noted grifter Benjamin Netanyahu was not in power, but it's still the most developed country in the region by far, plus a democracy to boot.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2019, 10:04:11 AM »

You say that as if some of us don't want to live in such a country.
Kizzuwanda
cistem7
Rookie
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2019, 10:05:29 AM »

No.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2019, 01:43:08 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2019, 01:53:46 PM »

Yes, easily the best. I'm not a fan of Bibi, but it's the only stable democracy in the region. Also like the culture and people.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2019, 04:00:10 PM »

You say that as if some of us don't want to live in such a country.

I support theocracy.  Which religion, it doesn't matter.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies