Republicans: "torture worked on McCain", "he's dying anyways"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:47:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans: "torture worked on McCain", "he's dying anyways"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Republicans: "torture worked on McCain", "he's dying anyways"  (Read 6683 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2018, 08:22:12 PM »

First a Republican says we should re-legalize torture  "because it worked on John McCain"

Now one of Trump's WH assistants says:

Kelly Sadler was discussing McCain's opposition to President Donald Trump's nominee for CIA director, Gina Haspel, when she allegedly claimed, "It doesn't matter" because "he's dying anyway."

Don't let the door kick you on your way out, is what the GOP seems to be saying to him. Whether you like him or not, this seems a new low.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 08:22:49 PM »

Jesus, there truly is some sort of psychological connection between being a conservative and a sociopath.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 08:51:15 PM »

Jesus, there truly is some sort of psychological connection between being a conservative and a sociopath.
Yeah, no.

Anecdotal evidence time: my best friend's ex-boyfriend was the epitome of a "social justice warrior," and a diagnosed sociopath. To make things worse, it was revealed a week ago that he was physically abusing her during their relationship of four years. I'd prefer not to go into detail because it is very disturbing as to what he would do to her...

I typically like PittsburghSteel, but goddamn, that is one stupid and ignorant take from you. I expect better.
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 08:55:12 PM »

Trumpists just seem to have no empathy sometimes. Like McCain's political views or not (and I certainly don't always agree with them), but he is an American hero and by all accounts a good man. Attacking a dying cancer patient because he holds different political beliefs from yours is nothing short of heartless.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 08:55:15 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2018, 09:03:45 PM by Speaker Scott🦋 »

I was going to make a quip about ChairmanSanchez, but he's probably supporting McCain against Trump for the first time in this dog fight. Tongue
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 08:55:26 PM »

#BeBest
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 08:57:45 PM »

this is the reason I'll vote for just about any mainstream Republican against Trump in the 2020 primary.
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 09:02:44 PM »

Yeah, no.

Anecdotal evidence time: my best friend's ex-boyfriend was the epitome of a "social justice warrior," and a diagnosed sociopath. To make things worse, it was revealed a week ago that he was physically abusing her during their relationship of four years. I'd prefer not to go into detail because it is very disturbing as to what he would do to her...

I typically like PittsburghSteel, but goddamn, that is one stupid and ignorant take from you. I expect better.

Amazing. Neither of these responses have any logical connection to what they are supposedly reacting to.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 09:09:05 PM »

Disgusting and sick, but not shocking.
Also, note that the news story states:

The (White House) official said Sadler, who is in charge of surrogate communications, meant it as a joke, "but it fell flat."
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 09:20:13 PM »

Trumpists just seem to have no empathy sometimes. Like McCain's political views or not (and I certainly don't always agree with them), but he is an American hero and by all accounts a good man. Attacking a dying cancer patient because he holds different political beliefs from yours is nothing short of heartless.

FTFY
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 09:21:29 PM »

Trumpists just seem to have no empathy sometimes. Like McCain's political views or not (and I certainly don't always agree with them), but he is an American hero and by all accounts a good man. Attacking a dying cancer patient because he holds different political beliefs from yours is nothing short of depraved heartless.

FTFY
Improved
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2018, 09:35:52 PM »

You know what would really show them, Sen. McCain? Retiring on May 30.
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2018, 09:37:50 PM »

Trumpists just seem to have no empathy sometimes. Like McCain's political views or not (and I certainly don't always agree with them), but he is an American hero and by all accounts a good man. Attacking a dying cancer patient because he holds different political beliefs from yours is nothing short of depraved heartless.

FTFY
Improved

I certainly won't argue with the improvements.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 10:06:49 PM »

Trump has empathy, but he holds grudges.

Ted Cruz has no empathy.

Paul Ryan fakes it.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2018, 12:58:47 AM »

Just another deplorable in the basket, but LIBERAL TEARS!!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2018, 01:18:36 AM »

This is disgraceful. Not only are they absolutely wrong, but McCain deserves more respect. I don't agree with all of McCain's views, but he's a good man and dedicated public servant, and deserves much better than what he's getting from his very ungrateful party.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2018, 01:34:05 AM »

You know what would really show them, Sen. McCain? Retiring on May 30.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2018, 02:47:49 AM »

"Hey, this kid of the admiral, if we torture him, he might die 50 years from now as a US Senator."

"Yeah, that will totally show him."
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2018, 03:14:43 AM »

twenty42
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2018, 04:13:59 AM »

The latent admiration and defense of McCain doesn’t impress me in the least bit. The only reason you like him now is because he nemesized Trump in his final years, and is basically dying a Democrat. Unlike a lot of red avatars on here, I choose to remember 2008 and the vicious things you all said about him back then (when you weren’t slut-shaming his running mate’s 17-year-old daughter, that is).

And for some of the vile and downright evil sh**t that is said about President Trump and his family on this forum, I think you people should be the last ones to criticize the tastelessness of any joke.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2018, 04:21:54 AM »

Trump has empathy, but he holds grudges.

Ted Cruz has no empathy.

Paul Ryan fakes it.

Trump has empathy?Huh  What planet do you live on?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2018, 04:27:50 AM »

The latent admiration and defense of McCain doesn’t impress me in the least bit. The only reason you like him now is because he nemesized Trump in his final years, and is basically dying a Democrat. Unlike a lot of red avatars on here, I choose to remember 2008 and the vicious things you all said about him back then (when you weren’t slut-shaming his running mate’s 17-year-old daughter, that is).

And for some of the vile and downright evil sh**t that is said about President Trump and his family on this forum, I think you people should be the last ones to criticize the tastelessness of any joke.

McCain has always been someone who, unlike Trump, wants the best for America and has integrity. He's made plenty of mistakes, and Obama was by far the better choice in 2008, but he has a much better character and would have been a better President than Trump.
twenty42
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2018, 04:42:12 AM »

McCain has always been someone who, unlike Trump, wants the best for America and has integrity. He's made plenty of mistakes, and Obama was by far the better choice in 2008, but he has a much better character and would have been a better President than Trump.

Let me go get my violin. I’m sure his integrity was the first thing on your mind when you were calling him a war criminal and his wife a junkie. Just go on YouTube and search Bill Maher 2008 Election and tell me how much you people respected him then. But hey, you’re a good liberal...never let history or the facts get in the way of your current agenda.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2018, 04:49:11 AM »

Let me go get my violin. I’m sure his integrity was the first thing on your mind when you were calling him a war criminal and his wife a junkie. Just go on YouTube and search Bill Maher 2008 Election and tell me how much you people respected him then. But hey, you’re a good liberal...never let history or the facts get in the way of your current agenda.

Ok, that's enough of that. I wasn't making statements about McCain in 2008, so I'm not sure why you're saying I called him those horrible things. And I'm no Bill Maher fan. Sure, you're always going to have a few people who say bad things, but reasonable people should be able to agree that these kind of remarks are inappropriate(and you've just deflected from the actual subject at hand).
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2018, 04:58:24 AM »

So, what’s your opinion of these comments?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies