Opinion of Saxony
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:26:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Saxony
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of Saxony
Freedom State

Horrible State

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Opinion of Saxony  (Read 2931 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 25, 2017, 10:45:56 PM »

One of the worst places in Europe.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 10:47:14 PM »

A great place full of great people. Trau dich, Sachsen!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 10:58:02 PM »

No, it's full of terrible people, similar to other vile sh!tholes like Aisne, Pas-de-Calais, Limburg, Hartlepool and Burgenland.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 12:06:37 AM »

No, it's full of terrible people, similar to other vile sh!tholes like Aisne, Pas-de-Calais, Limburg, Hartlepool and Burgenland.

Finally someone who understands me Cheesy! I've been saying this ever since high school.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 12:21:48 AM »

Freedom State
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 03:27:07 AM »

Why would I vote it an HP when (a) I've never been there and (b) the AfD winning with 27% of the vote doesn't mean the state is bad. Trump won a higher percentage share of the vote in California, Massachusetts, New York, and even your beloved Hennepin County, MN than the AfD won in Saxony. Not to mention 64% of AfD voters were protest voters; I'd wager the vast majority of protest voters were from Eastern Germany and of working-class background. They don't necessarily agree with the party's platform; they basically are (rightfully) pissed off at all the other parties and the current state of things where they live.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 05:43:06 AM »

The big cities of Leipzig and Dresden are decent enough. Dresden may be the birthplace of Pegida, but it has also an active left-wing scene, and it is a historically and culturally rich city.

The rural parts of the state are terrible though. Saxony went from being a SPD stronghold during the Weimar Republic, to a (conservative) CDU stronghold after 1990, then to a NPD stronghold, and now a AfD stronghold. They're the state where the AfD and before them the NPD traditionally win their best results, despite the fact that they're also the state with the strongest economy in all of East Germany and hence don't have much of an excuse for so much right-wing protest vote compared to the other eastern states.

They also constituted the so-called Tal der Ahnungslosen (Valley of of the Clueless) though... that region of East Germany which was too remote to receive transmissions from Western TV stations and hence was completely cut off from Western culture and independent news for four decades, which may have played a role here.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 10:49:19 AM »

Why would I vote it an HP when (a) I've never been there and (b) the AfD winning with 27% of the vote doesn't mean the state is bad. Trump won a higher percentage share of the vote in California, Massachusetts, New York, and even your beloved Hennepin County, MN than the AfD won in Saxony. Not to mention 64% of AfD voters were protest voters; I'd wager the vast majority of protest voters were from Eastern Germany and of working-class background. They don't necessarily agree with the party's platform; they basically are (rightfully) pissed off at all the other parties and the current state of things where they live.
This is going into the sulfur mine. Good burn mate!
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 11:49:50 AM »
« Edited: September 26, 2017, 11:56:04 AM by thumb21 »

Yeah f**ck working class people, especially if they vote in the wrong way, amirite?

So brave of you to talk sh**t about millions of people you've probably never met. Get a life.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 12:10:20 PM »

FS, I like the German-speaking world.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 12:13:24 PM »

What exactly is wrong with Burgenland (a Social Democratic stronghold) ?
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 12:18:03 PM »

Have you ever been to any of those places?
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 12:29:54 PM »

This, although my favorite state in Germany is by far Bavaria
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 12:55:25 PM »

This, although my favorite state in Germany is by far Bavaria
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2017, 01:05:16 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2017, 01:12:15 PM by mvd10 »

Anyway, all jokes about Limburg aside (I once called my history teacher who was born in Limburg a reserve Belgian...) I can't really vote HP on a place just because of it's politics, and most of these people are justified in their anger. Then again, voting for AfD and die Linke en masse (43% combined) is rather disturbing. Still voted FP because most places are FP's (and most people including AfD voters are genuinely nice people).

I don't know about the other places, but even though the PVV is strong in Limburg it still only scored 20% or so (13% nationwide). The PVV probably will target the eastern and northern parts of the Netherlands more in the future, and I wouldn't be surprised if these places will be more PVV-friendly than Limburg in the future.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 01:37:00 PM »

Beautiful state with a rich cultural legacy = FS.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 01:43:26 PM »

Yeah f**ck working class people, especially if they vote in the wrong way, amirite?

So brave of you to talk sh**t about millions of people you've probably never met. Get a life.

But:

Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 01:46:00 PM »

Still voted FP because most places are FP's (and most people including AfD voters are genuinely nice people).

This
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2017, 03:52:57 PM »

LOL. Are you familiar with the demographics of south central Minneapolis at all?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 04:22:26 PM »

Yeah f**ck working class people, especially if they vote in the wrong way, amirite?

LOL. Are you familiar with the demographics of south central Minneapolis at all?

The mayor of Minneapolis should issue a press release distancing the city from you, honestly.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2017, 05:43:40 PM »

Yeah f**ck working class people, especially if they vote in the wrong way, amirite?

The mayor of Minneapolis should issue a press release distancing the city from you, honestly.

Wow.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2017, 06:11:24 PM »

That would probably just make me more popular, seeing as when she gave a press conference about her forcing out the police chief she was shouted down by hecklers asking her to resign as well. And hey, I don't plan on even preferencing her in November and will vote for her opponents, and she's now expected to lose so...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2017, 08:32:09 PM »

Also I find it hilarious a Maduro apologist is talking about how my city needs to be distanced from me.
JonHawk
JHawk
Rookie

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2017, 08:48:41 PM »

Dresden is an amazing city at least when i visited there
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2017, 09:33:10 PM »

Ich sehe nichts es dagegen

Also I find it hilarious a Maduro apologist is talking about how my city needs to be distanced from me.

Und doch, ist er nicht falsch.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies