New proposed abortion law in Belgium: are you in favour or against? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 04:55:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  New proposed abortion law in Belgium: are you in favour or against? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: are you in favour or against?
Expand abortion to 18 weeks

Keep as it is

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: New proposed abortion law in Belgium: are you in favour or against?  (Read 659 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« on: July 16, 2020, 05:53:58 AM »

The result is that the limit at which an abortion can no longer take place is extended from 12 to 18 weeks, the obligatory cooling-off period is cut from six days to two, and abortion is removed entirely from the criminal code.

Additionally, men who oppose the abortion of their woman are criminally prosecutable. Information about alternative methods in abortion centers are cancelled.

Marxists, social democrats, greens and some liberals support the new amendment to the abortion law. Some liberals, christian democrats, nationalists and far-right are against.

We would have the most progressive abortion law over the world if enacted.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 06:07:17 AM »

The result is that the limit at which an abortion can no longer take place is extended from 12 to 18 weeks, the obligatory cooling-off period is cut from six days to two, and abortion is removed entirely from the criminal code.

Additionally, men who oppose the abortion of their woman are criminally prosecutable. Information about alternative methods in abortion centers are cancelled.

Marxists, social democrats, greens and some liberals support the new amendment to the abortion law. Some liberals, christian democrats, nationalists and far-right are against.

It's 23 weeks and 6 days in Great Britain so it's not that 'liberal'. It should be removed from the criminal code. You'd have to explain what you mean by 'men are criminally prosecutable' though. It's not clear.
That's something the right claims. I'm not sure as well. Zinneke might know it better. I didn't know it was that liberal in GB. The right compares it to the progressive Netherlands where it's the only country where it's so liberal, and claims it's the most liberal abortion law proposed over the world.

I didn't fact-check.

Btw. I would vote in favour.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 02:45:22 PM »

It's 23 weeks and 6 days in Great Britain so it's not that 'liberal'. It should be removed from the criminal code. You'd have to explain what you mean by 'men are criminally prosecutable' though. It's not clear.
That's something the right claims. I'm not sure as well. Zinneke might know it better. I didn't know it was that liberal in GB. The right compares it to the progressive Netherlands where it's the only country where it's so liberal, and claims it's the most liberal abortion law proposed over the world.

I didn't fact-check.

Btw. I would vote in favour.

I get that; but why did you quote 'the right'; what right wing source did you use that could so blatantly make sh-t up that can be checked online in minutes? I'm curious Smiley
N-Va ad on fb.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies