GoFundMe seizes funds of Canadian trucker convoy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:37:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  GoFundMe seizes funds of Canadian trucker convoy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: GoFundMe seizes funds of Canadian trucker convoy  (Read 4061 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2022, 02:35:28 PM »

Why would the American right organize a protest in Canada... They could just direct those efforts to organizing one in the US. Just because some patriots were inspired by the truckers and sent them donations doesn't make it a false flag operation, lol.

You're expecting logic and rationality from right-wing anti-vaxxers? Wink
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2022, 02:35:53 PM »

A credible news source (the Toronto Star) is now reporting the building fire story.  They say that the Ottawa Police's arson unit is investigating.

Link

Can confirm, the Toronto Star is one of the major five newspapers in the greater Toronto area. This s##t just got real. I'm expecting this story to blow up all over the country and probably internationally as well. CNN might pick it up, Fox might try to defend this somehow. Come on Tucker, give us your best spin.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2022, 03:52:52 PM »

Just wanna post this here for the "Go Truckers" people to see. Only 22% support when this poll was taken, and I would expect it to drop after this whole "trying to set an apartment building on fire" incident.

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2022, 04:31:22 PM »

Good thing the "Go Truckers" people are opposed to democracy and majority-rule. May the shortages be long-lasting for those who don't give them the respect they deserve.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2022, 04:38:12 PM »

Good thing the "Go Truckers" people are opposed to democracy and majority-rule. May the shortages be long-lasting for those who don't give them the respect they deserve.
The shortages being long-lasting would only hurt the Conservative Party and help Trudeau (or the NDP if Trudeau somehow collapses). Canadians by and large aren't going to suddenly start supporting this anti-vaxx protest. They're just going to blame the protest and the people who support it (People's Party and Conservative Party) for propping it up.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2022, 04:41:14 PM »

That is an act of terrorism and whoever tried to burn that building should be treated as terrorists.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2022, 04:49:24 PM »

If you don't like the sound of the truckers, you don't like the sound of freedom.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2022, 06:09:48 PM »

The reality right now is, big tech and the media treat conservatives and opposition to the current political establishment like they are a fringe, 20% or less of the country, group that needs to be controlled and suppressed for the "safety" of the population. Yet they are nearly half the country, and their popularity on these platforms in spite of conservatives disproportionately not using social media and being subject to disproportionate censorship should tell you just how "mainstream" people like Ben Shapiro and his opinions are in the general populace.
If huge swaths of the Canadian (or American) public begin shifting into spreading false propaganda and undermining democracy, big tech and the media aren't obligated to go along with it, regardless of whether the left or right are doing it.

Big tech didn't censor Russiagate lies.

Yeah, you kind of fail the threshold "lie" part there.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2022, 08:47:38 PM »

Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2022, 08:53:52 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2022, 08:58:28 PM by Nasty but Frank »

A couple of updates:

1.A court order was issued granting a temporary injunction against the constant honking. "Tooting a horn is not an expression of any great thought I'm aware of," said Justice Hugh McLean during a court hearing in Ottawa Monday.

2.The so called trucker protesters (mostly non truckers and mostly occupiers/terrorists) actually stopped honking their horns after the ruling.  We'll see if they continue to not do so.  

3.The so called trucker protesters have moved to some other fund raising outfit, but the city of Ottawa has applied for a state of emergency designation which would allow them to seize the assets of the 'protest' organizers.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2022, 09:51:43 PM »

I guess rioting is now a part of the process now that Nationalists have bought into so-called BLM style tactics.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2022, 09:56:32 PM »

I guess rioting is now a part of the process now that Nationalists have bought into so-called BLM style tactics.

BLM changed the rules of civilization, and now that we know those are part of the new acceptable rules endorsed by the establishment, they are not going away. There shall be no unilateral disarmament just because it makes people uncomfortable. All the incentive to go harder.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2022, 09:57:33 PM »

Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2022, 09:58:13 PM »

BLM changed the rules of civilization, and now that we know those are part of the new acceptable rules endorsed by the establishment, they are not going away. There shall be no unilateral disarmament just because people don't like it.

Well, right wingers bought the myth of these new rules, since the vast majority of BLM protests didn't involve riots or otherwise illegal acts.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2022, 10:02:03 PM »

BLM changed the rules of civilization, and now that we know those are part of the new acceptable rules endorsed by the establishment, they are not going away. There shall be no unilateral disarmament just because people don't like it.

Well, right wingers bought the myth of these new rules, since the vast majority of BLM protests didn't involve riots or otherwise illegal acts.

Blatant lies obvious to all of us with eyes who witnessed it. Your fradulent statitistics that count 20 people protesting at a carwash on the side of the road in Long Island equal to the mass demonstrations in cities don't fool anybody but yourselves. In that case, we had many many peaceful COVID demonstrations in the Midwest last summer which outweigh this singular act. (Lotta good that did)
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2022, 10:03:36 PM »

Blatant lies obvious to all of us with eyes who witnessed it. Your fradulent statitistics that count 20 people protesting at a carwash on the side of the road in Long Island equal to the mass demonstrations in cities don't fool anybody but yourselves. In that case, we had many many peaceful COVID demonstrations in the Midwest last summer which outweigh this singular act. (Lotta good that did)

You personally witnessed them or you witnessed them on Fox 'News'?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2022, 10:04:09 PM »

I guess 1/6 has also been legitimized in the discourse. I have an idea of a timeline that’s a take on UaCoG where the Gallagher figure gets assassinated by opposition or even his own henchmen and it causes a civil war amongst the institutions for dominance of the country. And that becomes the real vehicle of the transfer of power. Assassinations, coups, and military mobilization.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2022, 10:06:18 PM »

I witnessed them burning down buildings in my neighborhood - fires were blazing in all directions within eyesight of my roof. The holes are still in the ground where buildings no longer stand. And this is the part of the city that actually had a defensive operation because they have to keep those of us who pay taxes around. Almost feel bad for those that don't.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2022, 10:07:02 PM »

First of all, this isn’t “a singular act”. I believe he thinks he knows what he saw. I saw a lot of boarded up buildings but no damage in some of the cities I walked through. Charlotte, Tampa, Jacksonville, and Denver. I believe that I saw what I saw too. That’s the problem.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2022, 10:09:28 PM »

I witnessed them burning down buildings in my neighborhood - fires were blazing in all directions within eyesight of my roof. The holes are still in the ground where buildings no longer stand. And this is the part of the city that actually had a defensive operation because they have to keep those of us who pay taxes around. Almost feel bad for those that don't.

How do you know these were caused by the BLM types?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2022, 10:15:03 PM »

Because I have eyes, as noted above, as well as ears to hear the chants. The Wikipedia article details the bare minimum and even that's quite generous to the cause. I had to flee the city.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2022, 10:17:54 PM »

Because I have eyes, as noted above, as well as ears to hear the chants. The Wikipedia article details the bare minimum and even that's quite generous to the cause. I had to flee the city.

Which wikipedia article?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2022, 10:26:44 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Floyd_protests_in_Philadelphia

Since this mess was allowed to continue without much resistance, this gave license for normal people to double down and create a society that runs exactly like that, except for their benefit instead of the hooligans'.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2022, 10:28:00 PM »

Since this mess was allowed to continue without much resistance, this gave license for normal people to double down and create a society that runs exactly like that, except for their benefit instead of the hooligans'.

Blacks aren't 'normal people'?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2022, 10:31:09 PM »

Blacks aren't 'normal people'?

Working people of all backgrounds are normal. Animals who blow up ATMs and loot luxury consumer goods to make money are hooligans. Very easy to tell the difference.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies