Is The Simpsons one of the worst shows on TV? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:31:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Is The Simpsons one of the worst shows on TV? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is The Simpsons one of the worst shows on TV?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Is The Simpsons one of the worst shows on TV?  (Read 1223 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: October 08, 2011, 07:00:55 PM »

Do you own a TV?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 11:05:25 PM »

I don't like the show anymore but it's still far better than all of the reality TV trash. I'd never argue that it was a bad show overall either just because it was so absolutely incredible in its heyday that it essentially makes up for years of mediocrity.

It reminds me of Dude Fest 2009 when I was discussing Weeds with another guy and he said it was a terrible show. I responded that it wasn't and was weak now but the first seasons were great and he said "Well let's say you had a friend who used to be very good looking but was then in some type of accident and covered in burn marks now, you wouldn't argue he was handsome and attractive now because of what he used to look like?" and I kind of conceded it. I'll just say to this point that the best thing to do is just pretend The Simpsons never made it out of the 20th century in order to enjoy it.

You are a sucker for bad analogies, eh:)  A better analogy is that the Simpsons was like a young man with a puppy. In your younger days you played catch and both had a bunch of energy.  Those were great times with your pup. New to both of you.  However, The dog got older, you got married and had kids and your priorities shifted.  Your old dog is arthritic now but you still look back fondly at your shared halcyon days. Every once in a whole the old dog surprises you and shows a burst of speed when playing catch.  But alas you both know you can't keep it up...

Insert wife/girlfriend for dog and it works for misogyny and The Simpsons.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies