NC 2016 Gubernatorial Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:23:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC 2016 Gubernatorial Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC 2016 Gubernatorial Discussion Thread  (Read 46012 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 19, 2014, 09:01:12 AM »
« edited: December 19, 2014, 09:03:14 AM by Tzar and IDS Legislator X, Primate of Atlasia »

Well, just when I worry McCrory is getting less vulnerable stuff like this comes out:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I was under the impression that McCrory did a fairly good job as mayor of Charlotte and had been well-received by moderates and blacks. Why did he decide, upon becoming governor, to start acting like this guy?

Two words: Art Pope

Long version: Pope is to North Carolina Republican politics what folks like Sheldon Adelson, the Koch bros., etc are to national politics.  McCory seems to have sold his soul to Pope to be Governor (although in fairness, I suspect he's always been at least somewhat right-wing on economic issues since that seems to be the case with most socially moderate Republicans).  Where he seems to have shifted most is on social issues, especially becoming so anti-voter's rights.  However, I suspect that stems more from his willingness to trample on the democratic process to help Republicans win elections (like Pat McHenry, McCrory strikes me as an especially unscrupulous Republican hack).  Miles can correct me if I'm wrong about any of this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies