Cris Survey - October Presidential Elections. Political winner. (Results in HQ) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:48:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cris Survey - October Presidential Elections. Political winner. (Results in HQ) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is the political winner of the presidential elections among the Atlasian parties?
Federalist Party

Labor Party

Progressive Union

Liberal Party

NM - AM

Democratic - Republican Party

None of the Above

Undecided/Not Sure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Cris Survey - October Presidential Elections. Political winner. (Results in HQ)  (Read 1829 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« on: October 22, 2013, 04:15:18 PM »

I want to say that I'm actually happy to have done as well as I did even though I lost. I think Progressive Union overall probably had the best showing, mainly because the Federalists simply smelled blood in the left vote split and took advantage by supporting a candidate who was the closest to them.

Was the Labor Party wrong to nominate me for President as opposed to the other candidates? Could we have done as well and actually made it into the final balloting round with Snowstalker or Kitteh? When I entered the primary it was because I was concerned about who the party was going to nominate.

If I was going to go back and do things differently, I probably wouldn't have entered the primary. I didn't really campaign to win the primary but when I did win, I was obligated to fight the election. All I can say really is that I tried my best when Labor nominated me and the failure isn't with the party. I have been in Atlasia a long time. I was a Senator, I was a VP, I've been President and I was in the cabinet and I am a NE Rep. Was Labor wrong to nominate me based on that? I don't feel that is the case. The primary failure was with me and me alone. I won't see the Labor Party blamed for losing the Presidency. The fault was not with the party, but with me. I entered late, people were probably justifiably skeptical that I should have even been considered a serious candidate and I clearly did not do enough to convince the voters.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 04:24:40 PM »

I want to say that I'm actually happy to have done as well as I did even though I lost. I think Progressive Union overall probably had the best showing, mainly because the Federalists simply smelled blood in the left vote split and took advantage by supporting a candidate who was the closest to them.

Was the Labor Party wrong to nominate me for President as opposed to the other candidates? Could we have done as well and actually made it into the final balloting round with Snowstalker or Kitteh? When I entered the primary it was because I was concerned about who the party was going to nominate.

If I was going to go back and do things differently, I probably wouldn't have entered the primary. I didn't really campaign to win the primary but when I did win, I was obligated to fight the election. All I can say really is that I tried my best when Labor nominated me and the failure isn't with the party. I have been in Atlasia a long time. I was a Senator, I was a VP, I've been President and I was in the cabinet and I am a NE Rep. Was Labor wrong to nominate me based on that? I don't feel that is the case. The primary failure was with me and me alone. I won't see the Labor Party blamed for losing the Presidency. The fault was not with the party, but with me. I entered late, people were probably justifiably skeptical that I should have even been considered a serious candidate and I clearly did not do enough to convince the voters.

You're being too hard on yourself. I think the issue was more that you just hadn't really been part of the national conversation for a while. I don't know that Griffin set himself up to be the best running mate either, but that's a whole 'nuther conversation I don't want to get into. Tongue

Well, I asked him to do it. So if it was an issue, it's one I bear blame for. Like I said, it's not that Labor lost, it was me.

You're a noble man, Dr. Cynic, and I don't think our loss can be blamed on you or any candidate. It was written into the annals of history weeks in advance, I feel, and as such, we postured in regards to the Presidential race as best as possible. We nominated a strong Laborite and that was the best that could be expected. The outside forces, however, played out in such a way that I feel we still benefit in the end from the result. I still feel - based on the rambling I did above in regards to driving dialogue and being responsible for the country's affairs - that it turned out to be a blessing in disguise for the party as a whole.

I didn't expect really to win. We all knew that Duke was in the lead. The polls forecast it days in advance. There's nothing wrong with that and I think Duke will be a good President. Still, the loss should not be pegged on the party is what I'm saying.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies