Which of these two countries is more liveable? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 01:19:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Which of these two countries is more liveable? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Jesusland

Aynrandland

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Which of these two countries is more liveable?  (Read 4429 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: May 04, 2013, 03:56:17 PM »
« edited: May 04, 2013, 03:58:18 PM by Californian Tony »

Jesusland would be a socially backwards country full of narrow-minded, intolerant people, and no doubt that many will suffer under it. But most would get by, and though their lives would be dull and oppressing, they would be livable.

Anyrandland, on the other hand, perfectly fits the description of hell. No such society could possibly remain sustainable more than a few decades. It would either collapse under a massive revolution or just self-annihilate. Anyone who chooses it has his values seriously f**ked up.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 03:05:59 PM »

Jesusland would be a socially backwards country full of narrow-minded, intolerant people, and no doubt that many will suffer under it. But most would get by, and though their lives would be dull and oppressing, they would be livable.

Anyrandland, on the other hand, perfectly fits the description of hell. No such society could possibly remain sustainable more than a few decades. It would either collapse under a massive revolution or just self-annihilate. Anyone who chooses it has his values seriously f**ked up.
mhmmm... people who don't want to live in a place where their sexual orientation is outlawed "have f**ked up values"...Roll Eyes

Let's not forget their treatment of women - many women wouldn't want to live in such a place. It's a feminist's nightmare.

Would the gays and women of the immense anyrandlandian underclass be much better off? I admit that I can't really judge, but I assume I'd rather be forced to hide my sexuality or be confined to domestic life than starving or dying from polluted air/water.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 09:36:12 PM »

The very notion that most of humanity's problems can be solved is a silly one.

This is probably one of the most genuinely conservative statement ever made. In fact, this pessimistic belief could be said to be the funding principle of conservative thought. While I radically disagree with your view, I have to applaud its clarity and consistency, something which is very rare among modern American "conservatives".
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 12:08:58 PM »

I'll say AynRandLand for another reason.  After religion is destroyed, greed by and large will be destroyed.  Most people are naturally benevolent, they need religion/superstition/junk science to feel they have a superior standing than others and therefore justify their greed.  Societies in which religion is powerful breed this type of thought.

Certainly there is a form of correlation between the social control exerted by religion and the lack of governmental action in favor of social justice... but this is just utterly ridiculous.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 09:23:14 PM »

After religion is destroyed, greed by and large will be destroyed.  Most people are naturally benevolent, they need religion/superstition/junk science to feel they have a superior standing than others and therefore justify their greed.
This is backwards, of course. People are naturally self-centred and need society to teach them otherwise.

Plenty aren't.  

You must be logged in to read this quote.
For an atheist, you sure don't seem to put much stock in scientifically conducted research.

What scientifically conducted research?

The most religious Americans actually give more money to secular causes than do secular Americans.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And how many "secular" Americans are there?  

Ehhh... go buy your way into heaven/do it because you are told if you like, whether you like it or not that's what guides the good deeds of most religious people.  If the ends justify the means, good for you.  I don't agree.

I just don't understand the complete lack of equality in the matter.  The religiouses are allowed to advertise their belief system as the humanity's salvation... but us atheists aren't allowed to do the same?  I genuinely believe atheism/agnosticism/secularism is what will save humanity.  That's why I believe in it so strongly.  

More bigotry against atheists from the Atlas, but that's to be expected.  Every minority has to deal with BS. 

what is this i don't even
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies