WI-03: Kind retiring 🚨🚨🚨 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:23:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI-03: Kind retiring 🚨🚨🚨 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI-03: Kind retiring 🚨🚨🚨  (Read 4898 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« on: August 12, 2021, 11:22:48 PM »

I'm wondering if he's hoping to get chosen as Kamala Harris' VP in 2024 or 2028 and trying to prevent himself from facing a loss.

He wouldn't be a horrible choice for her.

Her VP will be Ossoff, Cooper, or Buttigieg.

This is Sherrod Brown, Andy Beshear, & Mark Kelly erasure.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 03:00:13 PM »

I'm wondering if he's hoping to get chosen as Kamala Harris' VP in 2024 or 2028 and trying to prevent himself from facing a loss.

He wouldn't be a horrible choice for her.

Her VP will be Ossoff, Cooper, or Buttigieg.

This is Sherrod Brown, Andy Beshear, & Mark Kelly erasure.

Brown would lose us a senate seat because there’s no way Ohio will flip D on senate or governor level, unless the GOP nominates literal Jim Jordan

Beshear would be good, but his support for some abortion restrictions probably wouldn’t play well with the D base (though he’d probably change his views, as every person in a position of power has done for the past 200 years)

Mark Kelly would be amazing, but I’m not sure he’d take the offer because he wants Giffords to be safe. Also would be a very western ticket, which wouldn’t be bad, just unusual

I wasn't being all that serious so much as just going for the "erasure" joke, but it's not improbable for Brown to determine in spring/summer 2024 that he's going down if he remains in the Senate race, so he might as well let himself be vetted.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies