Oregon Secretary of State (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:21:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Oregon Secretary of State (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oregon Secretary of State  (Read 1299 times)
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« on: September 17, 2017, 12:59:33 PM »

So a Republican won a state wide race in Oregon Last year how?
Richardson destroyed Avakin will he go for Governor again? or Will he try to take down Merkley or Wyden? I mean he almost beat the governor before kate brown? Also will he win reelection? it shocks me that Richardson was able to do this during a year where trump lost by 11 points in the state
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 01:20:36 PM »

it shocks me that Richardson was able to do this during a year where trump lost by 11 points in the state

It shouldn't be too shocking, politicians have overperformed the top of the ticket by much more in other states. In Oregon specifically, Democrats always seem to underperform presidential results at least in regards to gubernatorial races. Over the past generation, only in 1998 did a Democrat win in a blowout.
A republican hasn't won a statewide race in oregon since 2002!
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 02:08:44 PM »

Hmm so a combination of Avakin running a terrible campaign and being a bad candidate (best known for lesbian cakes) and Richardson being a great candidate and running a great campaign. Also are Oregon republicans Socially conservative and Economically moderate?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 02:12:43 PM »

Indeed. I did not vote for Avakian, despite voting almost entirely Democratic everywhere else. What he wanted to do really was not a part of the traditional role of the Oregon SoS.

Richardson was also probably vindicated a bit after his loss in '14 to Kitzhaber.
Did you vote vote for Richardson or third party?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 03:00:30 PM »

Kate Brown said Richardson wouldn't run for Governor in 2018, but who knows if he changes his mind. He won because he was running against a bad candidate who was viewed as being too ambitious and just wanted to use the position of SOS as a springboard to a higher position.

I doubt Richardson will run for governor, because if he does after only 2 years of being in the SoS position, he'd look overly ambitious himself.
What about challenging Merkley in 2020?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies