The Examiner: Election Tracker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 09:09:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 193600 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« on: April 17, 2008, 06:50:11 PM »
« edited: April 17, 2008, 06:52:05 PM by Verily »

The NLC hasn't exactly been doing a great job with unity in transfers. 3 voters, 0 following the party line. When the chairman doesn't even do it, you have to question whether they can optimize their clout to any great extent.

One might almost imagine that the chairman was voting tactically, and that, if others follow the directed lead, the votes are more optimal than they would be otherwise. Tactical voting in STV is more than voting in the proper order; look at the full results for the Belfast West constituency in the 2007 Northern Ireland election for what beautiful tactical STV voting is.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 01:03:06 PM »

Just to note that I've provisionally excluded the votes of Speed of Sound and Verily from the above count on the basis that they appear to have been cast prior to the official opening time of the voting booth.

With the assumption that a pre-vote doesn't count as a vote at all, I've deleted my vote and reposted it.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 11:43:57 AM »

Jas, I assume it was just you misreading the name, but it's "Realisticidealist", not "Radicalidealist".
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 08:44:35 AM »

Seems like dodgy reporting to suggest that DWTL has a vote from realisticidealist...
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 09:42:11 AM »

Seems like dodgy reporting to suggest that DWTL has a vote from realisticidealist...
Unless you have heard something to contrary

The tone in which it was posted. It would suggest to me the opposite of an indication of support, or at the least an indication of indifference. Journalism needs to take this sort of thing into account.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 11:28:28 AM »

I object to the headline. The SoFA is absent with my official leave.

Exactly. "Absent With Official Leave". Tongue
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 06:56:26 PM »

You called me a fascist during a vote.
The vote was already over.  And frankly, your actions was facist so I was not out of line to say that at any time.

The vote was not over; if you follow the link, you will see that Bacon King voted after your comment. In any case, it should be blatantly obvious that, regardless of the truth of such an accusation, it is not an appropriate one to be making on the Senate floor.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 08:45:35 AM »
« Edited: April 18, 2009, 08:47:48 AM by Verily »

How does this "redistributing" thing work?  Someone point me to the rules, please.  I understand the part about eliminating the lowest, and moving those voters votes to 2nd choices (as is apparantly happening with my vote).  I'm not following the "redistribution" of the "surplus".  Count 3 above has Bacon King with 7 votes but still lists 9 voters. 

The nine voters just list the nine people who preferenced Bacon King first.

The two surplus votes are divided by the number of Bacon King first preferences (9) and then distributed proportionally to the candidates second-preferenced by those who first-preferenced Bacon King. There are therefore 18/9 to distribute. Eight of Bacon King's first preferencers gave Lief their second preference, while one gave Franzl their second preference. So Lief gains 16/9 of a vote while Franzl gains 2/9 of a vote.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 01:26:32 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2009, 04:49:36 PM by Verily »

The Examiner Senate Election Tracker - Update

Last Voter: Eraserhead
Total Valid Votes Cast: 47
Current Quota: 8

Count 1Votes
Bacon King9(Bacon King, Al, BRTD, bgwah, Rob, Ogre Mage, Ebowed, Sensei, Meeker)
South Park Conservative8(benconstine, RowanBrandon, South Park Conservative, dead0man, Persepolis, tmthforu94, PiT, Inks, NCYankee)
afleitch8(Speed of Sound, Hawk, Hash, AndrewCT, Verin, bullmoose, Lunar, Gustaf)
Franzl7(Franzl, Verily, idealist, Happy, Torie, Moderate, Jamespol)
Lief6(opebo, Lief, Earl, Marokai, Smash, Eraserhead)
DownWithTheLeft5(DownWithTheLeft, AHDuke, Jedi, Dan Adams, BrandonH)
Purple State4(Purple State, Fritz, Lewis, devilman)

Bacon, SPC and Afleitch are elected. Bacon King's surplus is redistributed.

Count 2Votes
Bacon King8(Bacon King, Al, BRTD, bgwah, Rob, Ogre Mage, Ebowed, Sensei, Meeker)
South Park Conservative8 (benconstine, RowanBrandon, South Park Conservative, dead0man, Persepolis, tmthforu94, PiT, Inks, NCYankee)
afleitch8(Speed of Sound, Hawk, Hash, AndrewCT, Verin, bullmoose, Lunar, Gustaf)
Franzl7 1/9(Franzl, Verily, idealist, Happy, Torie, Moderate, Jamespol, Eraserhead)
Lief6 8/9(opebo, Lief, Earl, Marokai, Smash)
Purple State4(Purple State, Fritz, Lewis, devilman)

Purple State is eliminated. His votes are redistributed.

Count 3Votes
Bacon King8(Bacon King, Al, BRTD, bgwah, Rob, Ogre Mage, Ebowed, Sensei, Meeker)
South Park Conservative8 (benconstine, RowanBrandon, South Park Conservative, dead0man, Persepolis, tmthforu94, PiT, Inks, NCYankee)
Franzl10 1/9(Franzl, Verily, idealist, Happy, Torie, Moderate, Jamespol; Purple State, Lewis, devilman)
Lief7 8/9(opebo, Lief, Earl, Marokai, Smash, Eraserhead; Fritz)

Franzl is elected. His surplus is too small to make a difference, and Lief is elected without a quota.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 03:16:43 PM »

Modified my post to include jamespol, who does appear to be a valid voter (my apologies).
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 08:53:12 AM »

It would be an incredible run.

It is a pretty exciting race considering I have no idea (even with all the explanations) how this system works. I'll just trust you guys. Wink

Basically, part of the success right now is due to good distribution of the votes. In an STV system, a party wants its first preferences to split as close to evenly as possible among its candidates.

See Belfast West for excellent vote management in an STV system by Sinn Fein.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 11:33:43 AM »

Winston Disraeli is not a registered voter.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 11:42:16 AM »

Anyone looking into this? He's not on the registered voter roll, nor has he registered since the last time the roll was updated (in March).
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 11:44:56 AM »

Mmm...
He doesn't appear to be on the voter roll, but he did register on 11 April. I'm not sure how long before the election you have to register in order to be valid. Anyone know the current law on this?

Oh, you're right. I missed that going through the voter registration thread. But I think the limit is seven days before the election, in which case he wasn't registered in time anyway.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 07:07:45 PM »

Bacon King is over the quota again, so calculations would require me going back through and finding the second preferences of all of his voters. At this point, better to just wait until the final result. It doesn't look like anything has changed substantially since Lewis's count, though. SPC should still be elected over DWTL as of right now.

Also, we're now tied for highest turnout Senate election under the STV system. Good job, everyone.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 10:25:55 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2009, 10:28:07 AM by Verily »

So I win Smiley

But SPC doesn't Sad

It seems like a pattern is occuring, one party does great one cycle then they lose it the next.  The NLC won a lot of seats, then not only did they fail to retain them, but they were pretty much put in oblivion.  The RPP won 2 seats last time when no one thought they could, and we only won one this time.

Perhaps most telling though is the collapse of the Atlasian left as a cohesive unit.  The DA and RPP look to have turned Atlasia into the closest thing to a two party system we have ever seen.

The most amusing part of this is the implication that the left has ever been cohesive or organized in Atlasia. They win seats despite, not because of, the lack of organization.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies