What states fell off the battleground Tuesday night? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:27:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What states fell off the battleground Tuesday night? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What states fell off the battleground Tuesday night?  (Read 1711 times)
vileplume
« on: November 06, 2020, 12:51:58 PM »
« edited: November 06, 2020, 12:56:06 PM by vileplume »

Will almost certainly vote for the next Republican candidate to win the popular vote.

A semi-trollish answer would be Texas. To win the state Democrats have to thread the needle with their coalition much more carefully than has been assumed.

I generally agree. New Hampshire and Maine are very idiosyncratic and are far, far less divided than the rest of the country. If a GOP candidate is actually popular they'll be among the first places to snap back in a rightward direction.

I don't think that Texas is unwinnable for the Dems though I suspect it will remain a lean Republican state going forward (ditto Florida).  

Ohio and Iowa have definitely fallen off the battleground, going the way of Missouri a decade before it. I also think now Georgia's flipped it won't go back, the senate run offs may prove to be the last gasp of the GOP there (assuming of course that they actually win). Colorado and Virginia are obviously well and truly gone for the GOP. Honestly it would probably be a far better use of the GOP's money and time investing in New Mexico rather than Colorado.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies