Are all the crazy Obama rumors... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:51:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Are all the crazy Obama rumors... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ... just a "polite" way of expressing hostility to his skin color?
Yes (D)

Yes (R)

Yes (I/O)

No (D)

No (R)

No (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Are all the crazy Obama rumors...  (Read 3152 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: June 18, 2009, 06:03:51 PM »

Alot of people, whether they mean to or not, associate being black with being "unpatriotic" or "unamerican."

Didn't Jesse Helms believe that the civil rights fighters were communists trying to undermine democracy?
And hadn't Jeff Sessions said that NAACP and ACLU were communist-inspired organizations?

Ah, yes. Now there are two people speaking on behalf of "most Americans" on issues of race.

That claim was never made. He was simply suggesting that alternative criticisms are created for particular people or movements to hide the true reasons behind one's opposition/discomfort.

Nobody is claiming that that equals a majority of Americans....as a majority of Americans doesn't believe the garbage.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 06:22:48 PM »

Franzl is right. Even though in the 1960's and 70's when these accusations were made I wouldn't be surprised to see a majority of whites to agree with them.

There is no basis whatsoever that "many" Americans agree with these accusations (especially today).

But Phil...."many" is relative. Imagine how many people supported Joseph McCarthy's crusades...just as an example of how crazy some people can get.

You could ask: "Do you believe Barack Obama will ban Christianity?", and you'd get 10%+ who would answer YES.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies