DEMOCRATS ONLY: Do you believe Bill Clinton's presidency was a success? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:59:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  DEMOCRATS ONLY: Do you believe Bill Clinton's presidency was a success? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: DEMOCRATS ONLY: Do you believe Bill Clinton's presidency was a success?
Yes and I voted for him once

Yes and I voted for him twice

Yes and I never voted for him

No and I voted for him once

No and I voted for him twice

No and I never voted for him

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: DEMOCRATS ONLY: Do you believe Bill Clinton's presidency was a success?  (Read 1786 times)
Mordecai
Australia

« on: January 08, 2014, 08:48:20 AM »

Similar to the other thread. Republicans can weigh-in, just don't vote in the poll.
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 01:50:40 AM »

Depends how you define "success". If you assess it based on the long-term consequences of the policies he pursued, then definitely not.

Since we judge other Presidents by the long-term consequences, it would be fair to do so with Clinton.

No.

Creating a budget surplus during an economic boom is not that laudable. The evisceration of the welfare state is the Clinton legacy.

Clinton's presidency should not be celebrated by Democrats.
Its Keynesianism 101?

I think he means that it's not a particularly grand accomplishment and could be achieved by any half-competent President.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies