Vote Tracker: Equal Rights Amendment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 09:20:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vote Tracker: Equal Rights Amendment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vote Tracker: Equal Rights Amendment  (Read 3595 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: September 09, 2012, 05:21:37 PM »

Looks like equality is on the march in Atlasia!

Actually, it looks more like the amount of control we give the Federal Government is on the march in Atlasia.

Yikes. This must be the worst post you have ever made. How in the world does guaranteeing rights to the people and therefore limiting the power of government qualify as an expansion of federal power? Jesus christ.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 05:34:52 PM »

Looks like equality is on the march in Atlasia!

Actually, it looks more like the amount of control we give the Federal Government is on the march in Atlasia.

Yikes. This must be the worst post you have ever made. How in the world does guaranteeing rights to the people and therefore limiting the power of government qualify as an expansion of federal power? Jesus christ.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Look, I'm as much for equal rights for everyone as the next guy, but there is already legislation to give everyone rights, thus this law is superfluous. Gays have rights, abortion is legal, hate crimes are against the law, so why do we need another law to reinforce that?

The Senate shall the power to enforce equal rights...that is a problem how? How does that give the federal government more control? It guarantees rights to the people. Now, it is quite obvious that a constitutional amendment goes significantly further than legislation does. Its why I wanted a constitutional amendment to prohibit conscription...also to guarantee rights to the people. I didn't see you opposing that and claiming it was redundant. The fact is, the future is uncertain and I would be more comfortable in a society, even as a heterosexual male, knowing I was guaranteed equal rights.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 11:34:47 PM »

How can anyone oppose this ? Huh I wonder what's the absurd conservative rationale that tries to justify opposition to this in a politically correct way (as states rights was for desegregation).

I have yet to hear an opponent speak up and actually sound rational and in their right mind. That isn't to say someone couldn't but the vocal opponents have all managed to make themselves look less intelligent.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 10:29:03 AM »

Meh, it was not as awful as I was hoping for. Only 20RP12's post really was a gem of idiocy.

Cry

clarence's were particularly bad.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 07:16:09 PM »

More strawman arguments from the Right....
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 11:03:25 AM »

President Napoleon,

You tried to say that about my regional rights argument and now you attack Hagrid's point as being nothing more than a strawman argument. The left here just thinks it can bully us conservatives into acquiescing to laws that most everyday Atlasians would think nonsensical. This amendment if passed gives the national government powers it is not worthy of. If a region wants to say....ban gay marriage, it should maintain that right. As I've said this amendment violates regional rights and thus it must fall back to the ash heap of ludicrous ideas.

Read the Constitution for once, genius, before yapping off and attacking me. As evidenced by the vote, most everyday Atlasians support equality.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 03:52:43 PM »

I think President Napoleon is perfectly aware of the legislation currently debated, and doesn't give a crap about the mindless paranoid ramblings of an obtuse reactionary theocrat.

You are correct. I will say that I do not support a Marriage Revenge Initiative and such would be unconstitutional now that we have the Equal Rights Amendment. (Lol)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 06:57:37 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2012, 07:00:10 PM by President Napoleon »

I think President Napoleon is perfectly aware of the legislation currently debated, and doesn't give a crap about the mindless paranoid ramblings of an obtuse reactionary theocrat.

My words are not mindless ramblings. Obtuse means fat. I'm within the proper weight of one of by height and build. If you want to talk reactionary theocrats look at Iran or the Taliban not at a Christian Conservative trying to preserve the values America/Atlasia were founded on. This will be repealed.

Tell me, how is making laws based on Christianity any different from Sharia law?

There are drastic differences between Christian principals and Sharia. Christianity applied rightly led to so many positive progressions in the human experience. Sharia has not.

Someone didn't like high school algebra...

Forget math. He has displayed poor grammar, ignorance of history and inability to understand science. My guess is either home schooling or some creepy evangelical school.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 09:05:53 PM »

Well I don't know if what I said is a personal attack. We have had to point out these things before all over the forum.
I am in a pissed-off state because my Jets sucked it up all day.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies