2020 Census and Redistricting: Kentucky (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:02:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 Census and Redistricting: Kentucky (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Census and Redistricting: Kentucky  (Read 6755 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: June 28, 2019, 03:54:03 PM »

Do we think that Republicans are likely to draw Jim Cooper out of a seat following 2020?  It is really easy to carve up Nashville given how Republican the surrounding districts are (and since Nashville is actually only moderately Democratic-leaning itself).

I don't know if I'd call 60-34 a moderately Democratic leaning county, but yes. We can probably assume that unless the Supreme Court rules partisan gerrymandering unconstitutional the Nashville, Louisville, and maybe Kansas City seats will be ripped apart. 

Louisville cannot be gerrymandered, Anne Northup was the last stand there and Louisville got bluer and bluer until it voted out Anne Northup, Kansas City will make one of the Western MO seats competitive. Out of these, Nashville is probably the most feasible, but I don't think Republicans want to gerrymander Democratic cities and create dummymanders, as they did in NJ, VA, TX, and GA

Ky03 is Clinton +15 and Ky 4 and Ky 2 are Trump +36 and Trump +40. Easily able to combine all  for something around Trump +20 on average. Safe R.

Problem for the GOP is the KY constitution forbids more county splitting than necessary which Ky 03 can only be made to around Clinton+8 or something like that so you might as well pack it so everyone is happy.

Reposted in the Kentucky thread since I think this'll be a little more specific.

Would that bar say, doing a Bullitt-Jefferson or Oldham-Jefferson district, with the only split being in Jefferson County/Louisville? Same number of splits as normal but presumably a much more conservative district.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 09:44:26 PM »

Tried my hand at Kentucky. Nothing too controversial I'd imagine, and this would probably be 5-1 most years.

link
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies