Hate Speech #2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:31:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Hate Speech #2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you support laws that would make it a crime for people to make comments that might incite violent hatred against an identifiable group based on such things as their race, gender, religion, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation?
Yes (D)

Yes (R)

Yes (I/O)

No (D)

No (R)

No (I/O)

Not sure (D)

Not sure (R)

Not sure (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Hate Speech #2  (Read 3879 times)
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« on: January 12, 2015, 12:57:43 AM »

Yes (D), Hate Speech should not be counted as Free Speech. Being allowed to be discriminatory is not in our constitution.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 01:29:59 AM »

Yes (D), Hate Speech should not be counted as Free Speech. Being allowed to be discriminatory is not in our constitution.
Being allowed to be a Democrat isn't specifically mentioned in the Constitution either. Therefore, it would be perfectly Constitutional to jail all Democrats.

No, being a Democrat is not mentioned in the constitution, but that does not give the government the right to put me in jail, unless I have committed a legitimate crime and to my knowledge, I have not.

Freedom of Speech, was not intended for bigots, to justify the inexcusable behavior. That is not what Freedom of Speech. Freedom of Speech, gives a person a right to criticize the government, criticize another group, criticize a religion, criticize another race without being put in jail. IT DOES NOT give a person an excuse for a bigot, to say Racist slurs, that may cause motivation for violent behavior against, that specific group. Hate Speech, is not included in Freedom of Speech. Hate Speech, is anything but free.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies