Era of the New Majority (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:41:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Era of the New Majority (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Era of the New Majority  (Read 224820 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 01, 2014, 04:01:47 PM »

I'm predicting a crazy Cruz turnaround.

Only if California, Oregon, Washington, and Minnesota somehow don't exist in this timeline
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 09:18:40 PM »

I'm predicting a crazy Cruz turnaround.

The North Carolina update said Clinton won. Unless you mean Cruz in the future...?

All I am saying is that in everything I have read, the early dominating always turns around.
This isn't everything you've read.

Sorry if I gave away the ending to anybody early on in the TL (well, not the ENDING. Just the result of the 2016 election. There'll be plenty more elections in the future Smiley)

Given the level of detail and realism you've given to this TL, I don't think its possible to spoil a Clinton v.s. Cruz election
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 02:22:56 AM »

Go Colts!
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 01:09:03 PM »

The only states where it's required to fill the seat with someone from the same party are Arizona, Hawaii, Utah, and Wyoming.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 06:06:22 PM »

I would hardly call a Clinton v.s. Cruz matchup where Clinton only picks up NC biased...
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 02:47:38 PM »

United States elections, 2018

Connecticut

CT-Gov: Dannel Malloy, after initially saying he would seek a third term, decides not to run. Out of the Democratic primary emerges State Rep. William Tong, running with the backing of both Blumenthal and Murphy. Republicans struggle to find a top flight recruit after Chris Shays passes on the chance and run Themis Klarides, who struggles to find success against the young, energetic Tong. Tong, thought of as a dark horse when entering five-candidate primary, is the first Asian-American Governor elected on the Eastern Seaboard.

CT-Sen: Chris Murphy is easily reelected Senator over a hedge fund manager.

CT Congress: All five incumbents are reelected with ease.

CT Legislature: Republicans make no gains in the Senate and only pick up two seats in the House.

Nice, I like Tong. Who else ran in the Democratic primary for gov, if you don't mind me asking?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 12:01:06 AM »

After Indiana, you said Republicans only need one more for a majority but isn't the only other seat they've won West Virginia? Which would make it still 51-49 D control so far.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 10:50:43 AM »

After Indiana, you said Republicans only need one more for a majority but isn't the only other seat they've won West Virginia? Which would make it still 51-49 D control so far.

D's had 52-48 after Susana Martinez appointed John Sanchez Senator for New Mexico after Heinrich's resignation to become VP (it was helpfully pointed out to me that in NM, the replacement does not need to be from the same party). Earlier indications that the Senate was 53-47 were incorrect as a result.

Oh woops I missed that part my bad, keep up the great work
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 11:54:57 AM »

No way Vermont gets a Republican governor but Connecticut doesn't, but Florida and Georgia go Democrat, especially in a Dem midterm year.

Given the individual unique circumstances of each governor race, it could be entirely plausible
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 09:30:49 AM »

The difference between someone writing a TL where Ted Cruz wins in a landslide and one where Ted Cruz is beaten in a landslide isn't Republican v.s. Democratic hackery. One isn't based in reality, and the other is fairly likely. Also, this might be hard to believe, but Congressional Democrats actually do win elections sometimes.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 09:49:47 PM »

This is definitely my favorite TL on the site, and I even occasionally go back to your early posts to see how they line up with reality. I don't know how you manage to put so much realism and detail into this, but it is pretty incredible.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies