DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:27:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 272022 times)
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« on: January 06, 2021, 04:54:31 PM »

They've made fools of themselves. This is the formal end of the MAGA movement.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 05:01:28 PM »

The optics, the hypocrisy, the betrayal of Pence- the neocons and the suburbs are going to be staying with the Democrats for a long time.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 05:02:59 PM »

They've made fools of themselves. This is the formal end of the MAGA movement.

Hopefully this is the pathetic end of something, and not the beginning.

I'm really worried for the Inauguration. They need to check security guidelines.

The inauguration needs to be 100% closed to the public.

With this pandemic, they shouldn't be having a public one in the first place.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 09:15:19 PM »

SirWoodbury has been offline since this morning. Hope he made it back home from the Capitol okay.

If you aren't joking, he's probably gone because of this:

I am saying it right now: If either Ossoff or Warnock wins, I'll leave the forum for 1 solid year.
Promise?
Sure. Take a screencap right now.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 11:44:25 AM »

These past few days have been surreal. Of all the many things I could have seen going wrong in the future, I never would have guessed that the all-powerful government that fought the War on Terror and dominated the planet would have faced a failed coup.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 12:07:12 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2021, 12:10:35 PM by Arachno-Statism »

These past few days have been surreal. Of all the many things I could have seen going wrong in the future, I never would have guessed that the all-powerful government that fought the War on Terror and dominated the planet would have faced a failed coup.

I mean, it's fun using these words, but there was always a 0% chance this "coup" would actually work.

Even if the mob managed to execute every Democratic member of Congress, Biden would still become president in the eyes of everyone who matters on January 20, and the military and national security apparatus would immediately report to him.

If you think all the levers of power in our country would say "oh, well I guess Trump is still our boss then" just because a mob killed everyone involved in ceremonially ratifying Biden's presidency, you're wrong.

Of course this had zero chance of succeeding, but the intent was there. It's the fact that they even got this far in such a militarized country that's surprising.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 12:13:32 PM »

I saw it happening but almost everyone said I was a doomer.

The only fix going forward is to vote like you never have before and ONLY for Democrats...never a Republican, and never third party.

Pass, and I guess I'll accept the dogpiling that comes with that. I accept neither Trump nor Bush 2.0.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2021, 02:01:03 PM »

We had people with Nazi and Confederate symbols storm the Capitol, something the actual Nazis and Confederates were never able to do. It’s just crazy.

I never thought about it that way, but you are correct.
There was a disturbing green (lime-green) flag these Fascists had that I saw on TV, that very similarly resembled Nazi Germany's naval battle flag (Kriegsmarine).
Nazi scum!

Does anyone know more about what this green flag, exactly represented to these trump loons?

Are you referring to the Kekistan flag, maybe?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies