FL ( A/B) University of North Florida - Biden +6 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 06:36:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  FL ( A/B) University of North Florida - Biden +6 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL ( A/B) University of North Florida - Biden +6  (Read 3026 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 06, 2020, 07:46:19 AM »

Stop playing with my heart!
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 08:39:07 AM »

What an amazing poll for Biden, at 46%. This reminds me of another poll from another time. Ah yes...
this poll from Marquette in Wisconsin right before the election. I encourage people to read all the responses Smiley
Can you please stop with this whole "polls will be wrong every time" shtick just because they were off in 2016? At the very least, maybe you could cite examples that were actually relevant to the topic at hand (it's not like there is any lack of dem-Friendly Florida polls lol). A poll of a state with completely different electoral dynamics is decidedly NOT relevant.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 10:27:52 AM »

What an amazing poll for Biden, at 46%. This reminds me of another poll from another time. Ah yes...
this poll from Marquette in Wisconsin right before the election. I encourage people to read all the responses Smiley
Can you please stop with this whole "polls will be wrong every time" shtick just because they were off in 2016? At the very least, maybe you could cite examples that were actually relevant to the topic at hand (it's not like there is any lack of dem-Friendly Florida polls lol). A poll of a state with completely different electoral dynamics is decidedly NOT relevant.

Okay, here's an easy Florida example: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=305895.0

I just thought it was funny that it was the exact same margin. In this case, it doesn't really matter since it's a junky poll anyway*. As long as the polls keep showing Biden up but below 50% and/or within margin or error, I'm going to keep reminding people that polls can be misleading, not that the will be wrong. I'll be annoying for a lot of people but I don't care, people need to realize that there are more important things to polls than simply who's in the lead.

*Look at the markets: 22 point lead for Biden in Tampa but 4 points in Miami? 14% won't vote/don't know? How are we supposed to get anything useful out of that?
In fairness, I do think that the Miami Media market includes areas to the west, like Collier, that are much more conservative. That Tampa number is certainly an outlier, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies