Rate 2022 Wisconsin Gubernatorial Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:13:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rate 2022 Wisconsin Gubernatorial Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Rate 2022 Wisconsin Gubernatorial Election
Safe D

Likely D

Lean D

Tilt D/Tossup

Tilt R/Tossup

Lean R

Likely R

Safe R

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 97

Author Topic: Rate 2022 Wisconsin Gubernatorial Election  (Read 3932 times)
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« on: January 19, 2021, 05:28:05 AM »

Since when do incumbent governors in states won by their party federally without a major scandal and high disapproval ratings start out at a disadvantage for re-election? He's favoured and the race is Lean D.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 09:31:48 PM »

A few things:
- last time an incumbent lost a WI Gov race was in 1986. Incumbents either leave or win.
- Wisconsin reflects the national environment, which historically is horrible for Democrats.
- we haven’t seen the impact of a global pandemic on early voter registration (Spring Election).
- Wisconsin legislature may pass bills to make it harder to vote.
- no clue what a post-vaccinated world looks like from a public opinion perspective.

So this race is WAYYY too early to call, but the best I can say is toss-up. Too much in the air.
Major Scott Walker Erasure.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 10:59:58 PM »

A few things:
- last time an incumbent lost a WI Gov race was in 1986. Incumbents either leave or win.

Hi Charlie Cook

I was walking in Waukesha county the other day, in a Trump +30 precinct, and I met several Walker-Johnson-Trump-Walker-Vukmir-Trump voters who naturally were planning to vote for the Republican nominee against Evers. But once I told them no incumbent governor in Wisconsin has lost since 1986 they really rethought everything and told me there was simply no way they couldn't support Governor Evers. He'll probably win every county.
Remember though, republican have yet to launch their "BIDEN MIDTERM" ad campagin and if they can nominate somebody untied to Young Kim they'll win every county but elitest Dane and Ozaukee through sheer populism.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 08:12:43 PM »

Against:
Kleefisch - Lean/Likely R
Gallagher - Lean/Likely R
Kapenga - Lean R
Steil - Tossup
Duffy - Tossup
Priebus - Tilt D
Nicholson - Tilt D

Evers already legalized weed that should help him

Wisconsin has this weird thing called a legislature. It means the governor can't do things like legalize weed by himself.
Wisconsin also has this weird thing where the majority of the population never have a chance of getting a legislative majority.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies