What happens to the Democratic Party if Trump wins? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:14:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What happens to the Democratic Party if Trump wins? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What happens to the Democratic Party if Trump wins?  (Read 3354 times)
Hilldog
Rookie
« on: September 25, 2016, 01:23:56 AM »

Under Obama the Dems lost 64 US House Seats in 2010 in part because of ObamaCare. Obviously in 2010 the American people rejected the Democrats the way people rejected Republicans in 2006 and 2008.

Yes ObamaCare is the on the Democrats because they voted for the bill and Obama signed it into law. The Republicans didn't vote for it because its a bad bill.

hopper, this isn't about Obamacare. Obstruction over obamacare is not even what I'm talking about. It's one thing to obstruct a bill like that, but GOP actions have gone way, way, way past that. Are you content/fine with the Republican Party's behavior/tactics in Congress? If you are, then I don't even know what to say.

Why does he have to agree with you.  Let's be tolerant and open minded of conservatives who have different views. You support tolerance right?
Hilldog
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 09:56:07 PM »

Why does he have to agree with you.  Let's be tolerant and open minded of conservatives who have different views. You support tolerance right?

I didn't say he has to agree. Besides the point that Obamacare is not the central focus here (imo), I said if he thinks their behavior in Congress is OK than I essentially think he's being ridiculous. But, he doesn't, so it doesn't matter.

If I want to be intolerant of conservative views, then I'll do so. I'm all for hearing someone's point of view, but I am under no obligation to tolerate idiocy (not referring to hopper) or behavior by politicians that I view as nothing but partisan obstruction.

Don't bother trying to play that whole "I thought liberals were tolerant" crap on me. I never said I tolerate everything and anything.

There's no good politicians, but it sounds like you tolerate everything except for conservatism.  What is this "toleration" really about?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies