TPTTAA Poll - Right Unity - How about now? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:13:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TPTTAA Poll - Right Unity - How about now? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Given the recent election results, would you now support a united right party?
I'm in POP or RPP and Yes

I'm in POP or RPP and No

I'm not in either party

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: TPTTAA Poll - Right Unity - How about now?  (Read 3715 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: October 25, 2010, 08:11:50 AM »

No. A united party would still  lose this election. I doubt the right wing voters who voted for Naso/Fritz would have voted any differently had the two parties joined. Of course, I am still opposed to the RPP merging with the Pops or vice versa. I'd become more of an endangered species than I already am.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 04:17:05 PM »

It's hard enough to have two parties. Looking at the last election, what we really need now is loyal party members who won't backstab the party, both in the POP and RPP. That could have at least saved us a couple Senate seats.

I don't know if we could call it backstabbing, but there are certainly a greater diversity of ideas on the right than on the left. While the JCP never strays from the party line, RPP members and the occasional POP member votes for the left leaning ticket. That's not a bad thing, but in close elections, it tips the scale in favor of the left candidate. It seems the only way the right is to win an election is for the mood to be just right, like when afleitch won, otherwise the left winning is a foregone conclusion because we know how many votes they'll get each and every election. There are never any surprises.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 06:45:26 PM »

What I don't understand is that it's been proven that far-right tickets fail, so why our "moderateness" is blamed for the loss is a mystery to me. We outperformed any Rosettastoned/whoever ticket the POPs have ran in the past. Our politics simply were not an issue. But really, feel free to run a far right ticket in the future and we will see how it performs.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 06:55:20 PM »

It's also important to vote the impact Naso had on the race. He basically poached all the RPP voters and then didn't even second preference our ticket. The right will never, ever win elections as long as we have technical issues like that. If we want to remain in the minority, we can continue our current course.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 02:24:26 PM »

What if we had a ticket along the line of Inks/Dallasfan? Both guys with distinctly right-of-center credentials, proven track records, & who both command a significant amount of respect.

I would enthusiastically endorse that ticket.

That's the problem the right has. Neither candidate has shown any sort of interest in the office and would only run out of a sense of duty for the office. Inks was going to run last year and dropped out because he didn't have the time. The last time anyone that could be considered right of center won was afleitch, and he's hardly a far-rightist. What on earth makes anyone think a right wing ticket could win? Plus, wormguy seconded the JCP ticket, so why is he complaining?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 10:18:55 AM »

What if we had a ticket along the line of Inks/Dallasfan? Both guys with distinctly right-of-center credentials, proven track records, & who both command a significant amount of respect.

I would enthusiastically endorse that ticket.

That's the problem the right has. Neither candidate has shown any sort of interest in the office and would only run out of a sense of duty for the office. Inks was going to run last year and dropped out because he didn't have the time. The last time anyone that could be considered right of center won was afleitch, and he's hardly a far-rightist. What on earth makes anyone think a right wing ticket could win? Plus, wormguy seconded the JCP ticket, so why is he complaining?

I seconded your ticket (after several joke writeins).  I must admit I did consider seconding the JCP out of spite, after you thirded me after Barnes in the senate special election (projecting much?), and had earlier decided to attack me for no particular reason.  However, since it was close, and I didn't want to be an as$hole, I nevertheless gave your ticket my functional second choice.  I'm not sure where your bizarre hostility towards me is coming from, since I don't recall ever having any sort of argument with you before, but you can rest assured I will not be voting for any ticket with you on it in the future.

I was thinking of someone else when I thought you seconded Fritz. My apologies. As for my vote in the special election, until you run a serious campaign that doesn't involve calling the other candidates childish names, don't expect a vote from me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies