Youngest Forum Member? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:28:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Youngest Forum Member? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Youngest Forum Member?  (Read 12983 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 26, 2008, 09:58:04 PM »

That's a year and half younger than I am.
05-03-1993
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 10:20:47 PM »

Xahar is probably the smartest 13 year old I've ever "met". The contrast between him and say Evilmexicandicatator is confounding

I completely scare the hell out of people at school when I pull out my tomes on Napoleon during the announcements. That's all I'll say.

I can imagine; my friends thought I was nuts when I brought Master of the Senate to school.  Plus, some of them are rather angry at me for taking their money off of this stuff.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 10:25:10 PM »

Xahar is probably the smartest 13 year old I've ever "met". The contrast between him and say Evilmexicandicatator is confounding

I completely scare the hell out of people at school when I pull out my tomes on Napoleon during the announcements. That's all I'll say.

I can imagine; my friends thought I was nuts when I brought Master of the Senate to school. 

I'm surprised that people think your nuts for bringing books, such as Master of the Senate to school. They didn't complain when I brought a biography of LBJ into school, likewise when I read a book on the history of the ALP.

They just thought it was weird I was reading a book that huge; they had the same reaction when I read The Illiad.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 10:28:07 PM »

They just thought it was weird I was reading a book that huge; they had the same reaction when I read The Illiad.

I wonder how my friends will react when I bring in The American Melodrama: The Presidential Campaign of 1968 to school for wider reading this year? It's a massive book, more than 1000 pages for sure. That should be fun.

They probably won't be too surprised.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 11:26:02 PM »

I read The Prince at 16, my father's European history college textbook at 14.  I tried to get through the Inferno at 10, but failed.  I didn't publish my first article until I was 27.  My first part of a book wasn't until I was 38, and the only one where I was the principle author wasn't until I was 41.

I'll be 46 this year.  I might be the oldest poster.

I read Lord of the Rings at age 8, but your accomplishment is greater.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 11:29:17 PM »

I read The Prince at 16, my father's European history college textbook at 14.  I tried to get through the Inferno at 10, but failed.  I didn't publish my first article until I was 27.  My first part of a book wasn't until I was 38, and the only one where I was the principle author wasn't until I was 41.

You know I read the Guns of the South by Harry Turtledove when I was in 5th grade, and How Few Remain when I was in 4th grade. I actually understodd them too.

Hate to say it, but the books JJ and I read were a lot harder to understand than the Turtledove books.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 11:32:10 PM »

You know I read the Guns of the South by Harry Turtledove when I was in 5th grade, and How Few Remain when I was in 4th grade. I actually understodd them too.

Hate to say it, but the books JJ and I read were a lot harder to understand than the Turtledove books.
Lord of the Rings? I read that in 4th too.

No, no, I read it when I was 8 years old, that means I had it finished by the end of 2nd grade.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 11:33:37 PM »

Being old, or having a boring childhood?  Wink

Boring childhood Wink
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 11:35:32 PM »

I really hate being a super nerd too.........
It is like I worry about things that are not that important.(elections in Sweeden? Who cares)

Nobody cares, even the people who live in Sweden Tongue
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 07:36:47 PM »

A question to my fellow teens (Xahar, Hashemite, Ben and Evilmexicandictator):

What do your teachers think of you?

All of my teachers love me.  In 6th grade, my Reading teacher gave me a British edition of Lord of the Rings that she got in London, and I bought a deluxe copy of the book from her.  Last year, my History teacher and I argued constantly over the NBA (he's a Bulls fan and I'm a diehard Wizards fan).  I seem to have a charming effect on them, even though I talk way too much Wink
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 07:41:46 PM »

A question to my fellow teens (Xahar, Hashemite, Ben and Evilmexicandictator):

What do your teachers think of you?

All of my teachers love me.  In 6th grade, my Reading teacher gave me a British edition of Lord of the Rings that she got in London, and I bought a deluxe copy of the book from her.  Last year, my History teacher and I argued constantly over the NBA (he's a Bulls fan and I'm a diehard Wizards fan).  I seem to have a charming effect on them, even though I talk way too much Wink

You have cool teachers.

I've been really lucky ever since I started school to have nothing but great teachers.  Something I forgot to mention was that in 1st grade, my teacher's husband worked on the Bush campaign, and got tickets to the Inauguration.  Since she didn't want to go, she gave the 2 tickets to me, and so my dad and I went to the first Bush Inauguration.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 12:03:07 AM »

Really?  Surprising.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 09:01:52 AM »

BTW, it seems like the new posters we have now are nerds.

Never insult me like that again.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2008, 11:11:48 AM »

I'm kind of a weird combination of nerd and jock. I play a lot of sports but still have some nerdish qualities to myself.

Same here; that's why I dislike the term "nerd", of course, I also dislike the term "jock."
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2008, 12:12:18 PM »

I'm kind of a weird combination of nerd and jock. I play a lot of sports but still have some nerdish qualities to myself.

Same here; that's why I dislike the term "nerd", of course, I also dislike the term "jock."
Well, I was a nerd in high school. I lettered in two sports and I still managed to be a nerd. Even if those two sports were bowling and golf. I played basketball freshman year, but only JV and I have no inside game, so that was a problem.

I live off of my inside game; along with driving for short jumpers.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2008, 01:51:58 PM »

Well, I was a nerd in high school. I lettered in two sports and I still managed to be a nerd. Even if those two sports were bowling and golf. I played basketball freshman year, but only JV and I have no inside game, so that was a problem.

I live off of my inside game; along with driving for short jumpers.

yeah....I suck at basketball so I do Track & Field and football instead. I also run 5K's and 10K''s

I suck at Track & Field, but I'm okay at football.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2008, 08:17:19 PM »

Neither am I.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies