If Trump is dropped... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:15:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If Trump is dropped... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Trump is dropped...  (Read 1819 times)
Fusionmunster

« on: August 03, 2016, 02:32:54 PM »

Florida's ballot deadline is September 1st. Clocks ticking.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 03:08:31 PM »

1. He just doesn't have it in him and I think he knows it (hence all the smoke signals for help, in the form of atrocious behavior)
2. Because he can extract a pound of flesh from the GOP and its donors (Koch brothers, how would you like to fund a major development in NYC? Smiley)
3. Because he is genuinely afraid that if he continues to run (and fails), he would be aggressively sued, blacklisted and destroyed.

I disagree with this logic. I think Trump would rather lose, claim the election was rigged (as he is already claiming it will be), and hold on to his most slavishly devoted loyalists by fighting to the bitter end, than drop out and risk losing his cult-like following. His brand is already irreparably damaged with the broader public, his best remaining option is to continue carving out a niche for himself on the far right.

You may disagree with this logic but you would be incorrect Smiley.  So far, there are only TWO things in his life that Trump truly cared about - his company and his family.  To believe that he would willingly sacrifice the future of both, for the uncertain devotion of his supporters, is not a smart conclusion.

And his brand is NOT damaged - publicity sells (assuming he can get some political protection to capitalize on his newly found fame).

Im sorry? Im not sure what makes you more of an expert on the inner workings of Trump's mind more so then anyone else here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies