Schwartz's, Murphy's and Matthew's worst nightmare - Wagner may run. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 04:53:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Schwartz's, Murphy's and Matthew's worst nightmare - Wagner may run. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Schwartz's, Murphy's and Matthew's worst nightmare - Wagner may run.  (Read 2280 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: December 16, 2008, 12:26:28 AM »
« edited: December 16, 2008, 01:18:20 AM by Coma Cluster »

It would seem a Casey-ish type would be the type would be the way to beat someone like Specter anyway, that, or wait for Specter to die.  Otherwise you're running to the left of someone that has already captured >50.1% of the ideological marketshare.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 09:43:09 AM »

Screw the "I was once a Democrat" Bob Casey clowns.  We've been fine without them.

You wouldn't win elections here without those types, pal.

We have:

2002- Rendell
2004- Kerry
2006- Rendell again
2008- Obama.  And don't give me the PA is partisan nationally stuff.  We practically saw the realignment of conservative Dems out west to the GOP.

I think we'll be fine and would be wise to go with Schwartz.  She has an incredible campaign operation and would only need to pull 50-50 in the Pittsburgh and Scranton-WB markets to win.  Wagner in a crowded primary of liberals would be another Ron Klink with no support in the Southeast.  Our electorate would be scrambled eggs in a Specter-Wagner matchup.  I'm not particularly aching for Specter's removal anywhere near as much as Santorum though I don't agree with him on a lot.  There's a lot I don't agree with Wagner with as well mainly every social issue.

Well, Specter starts with over 51% of the ideological market share.  What, are people who exactly match his position on things going to vote against him?  Are conservatives going to vote against him?  Anything solidly to the left of Specter sees like a losing position unless people vote on health issues or they are pissed off about the Holder trial or whatever.  Maybe Specter would depress conservative turnout, but there are other races going on...

Someone who is pro-life, at least, gives a lot of conservatives a reason to stab Specter.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 02:40:05 AM »

I will be voting Specter, and if the CFG primaries him out, then I will probably vote for the Democrat if he's not too populist.

Haha, you represent a minority of Specter voters though!  Most people who would be willing to vote Dem if not Specter will probably find her/him not populist enough!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies