Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 04:07:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 149582 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« on: October 16, 2018, 02:05:52 PM »

Just signed on to support the existence of a SFL (Students for Liberty) Student Group in our univeristy. They're a very small group and needed 30 people to sign so that the group can keep its official status. Though I certainly disagree with their very libertarian views, I decided to sign because of a pluralistic worldviews- I find it important to keep their voices in the conversation.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 02:16:21 PM »

Just signed on to support the existence of a SFL (Students for Liberty) Student Group in our univeristy. They're a very small group and needed 30 people to sign so that the group can keep its official status. Though I certainly disagree with their very libertarian views, I decided to sign because of a pluralistic worldviews- I find it important to keep their voices in the conversation.

PG’s move to the right begins.

Oh don't worry, one of them is a casual friend of mine and he already tried to indoctorinate me a year ago. I still have the "government, leave us alone!" with a pride flag sticker he gave me to try and woo me into supporting his cause Tongue
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 12:59:45 AM »

Grandma died five minutes ago. I want to tear my teeth out.

I'm really sorry for your loss. I'm sure you'll preserve, even if for her sake.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 02:14:43 PM »

Following the recent attempted attacks against demonized symbols of leftist globalism and liberalism, as well as Jewish figures demonized by the far-right, as well as the entire Kavanaugh affair, I have decided that I can no longer continue with an I-IL avatar, at least for the time being. While I'm still willing to compromise on the actually important issues, economics, as long as a few core values (like universal coverage) are kept, I've come to realize that it is no longer possible to ignore the aggressiveness of the GOP, running over traumatized women, and more importantly, the fact that my form of ideology has just come under attack, and reactions by populist GOP figures who incited against them, like Trump and Gingrich, only made it worse. This doesn't mean, of course, that my ideology changed in any way. I'm still the same guy, but I just can't see how a green avatar makes sense for me at this point, despite my previous reluctance to participate in American partisan divides.

Hopefully, I can one day return to the green avatar.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 03:32:15 PM »

My girlfriend and I are going to the Twenty One Pilots concert here in KC on the 21st. I like the band, but she absolutely loves them and they mean so much to her since they helped her as she struggled with depression, suicide, and self-harm. But, I have a big surprise planned for her during her favorite song, which they play at the end of every concert; I'm going to propose to her. I'm so excited and nervous!

OMFG GOOD LUCK!!! Do update us!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 08:33:15 AM »

I just went from not expecting to find a boyfriend for at least another year and a half (though my pessimistic mind said never) to finding out my coworker who I like is bi and likes me back to making him my first boyfriend in the span of 48 hours. Geez.

Now, how do I keep my parents from finding out...
It was going fantastic until recently. The past week or so he's basically cut me out of his life and won't tell me why. We're cordial at work but he's going through "some stuff" and won't tell me what. I don't want to give up on him but I feel like there's nothing I can do and it's driving me bonkers

I understand you. My first relationship felt like a dream until it crashed, all because of him, and I was deeply scarred emotionally.
I can't really judge what's happening to you, but my ex was a coward who couldn't face me and tell me what he felt to my face. There WAS nothing I could do, I realize in retrospect, and him breaking up with me was the best decision he made. So I'll just say this- if it's a similar situation, move on and learn from it. Eventually, you'll find someone who truly appreciates you and is truly honest with you. I know I did, in very unexpected circumstances- it'll happen.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 09:52:06 AM »

So, the gossip today from the crazy Clinton obsessed guy at my work in the employee lounge is that:

Michele Obama went to a doctor and it’s proven she’s a man. The Obama’s are going to be giving their children back to the real parents soon.
Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are being investigated for treason against America.
Chelsea Clinton is not Bill’s legitimate daughter; Hillary committed adultery and she’s the child of another man.

It's like they're projecting everything their President did on the evil Democrats. Sad!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 07:16:55 PM »

Going to Kamala’s launch rally with some friends

Don't elites like you prefer "luncheon"?

Assuming people's socioeconomic status is a bad habit. You're not the only working class guy here.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 11:41:41 AM »

I just told my mother that I have a boyfriend. She already knew I'm gay but is pretty sensitive about it so it was a big moment for me, but we're together for four months already so it was overdue.

She reacted with some disappointment (because she still hopes I magically turn straight\bi) but it was much less drama than my first coming out several years ago, and she actually asked some question and was interested. I hope she tells my father since I don't really know how to talk emotions with him, and that I'll be able to invite my boyfriend to meet my parents soon enough Smiley
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 05:04:13 PM »

Didn't believe it'd get to this, but this is now my 2020 candidate ranking:

1. Sanders
2. Biden
3. Warren

4. Gabbard

5. Bloomberg

Yes, I'm supporting Sanders. The turning point was the results of the Israeli election- most of my people elected to fear Arabs and to support corruption and annexations, and I have to reach the conclusion that for our own good, we need a turning point in the US-Israeli relationship- a President who'll know to put up boundaries for our government's behaviour. I believe Sanders will do it better than Biden.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2020, 05:53:36 PM »

So, after returning from London today, I'm officially in self-quarantine.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2020, 05:17:34 AM »

Guys,

I'm sorry if my last posts in this thread worried anyone.  That was never my intention.  I just needed to vent.  I'm just very lost right now and I feel like my options are dwindling ever since I got turned down by Medicaid.  When my psychiatrist got the news he literally cursed up a storm.  He is writing an appeal to get me covered.  (My psychologist wrote the original appeal, but because she's not an MD her opinion probably doesn't carry as much weight.  In either case, I'll continue speaking to her.  She's one of the few in-person resources I have right now and it's not her fault that these assholes are being so difficult.)  There is also another type of shock therapy that's available, but it causes short-term memory loss and I'd rather avoid resorting to that.

But I've been seeing different doctors and trying different medications for most of my life.  Either they don't work at all or they work for a few days and then they're useless.  And honestly, I'm tired.  Last week I took a whole ten Lyrica and felt absolutely nothing.  The only thing that seems to work for me is cannabis, but that's not legal in my state and even my psychiatrist told me that it's extremely difficult to find the medicinal kind here.  It doesn't help that my asshole dealer cut me loose last year, either.

So I'm Virginia-bound until I save up enough to leave this crummy state.  I know that stoners get a bad rap, but trust me when I say that for some people, it's essential.  And it definitely beats suicide and leaving your loved ones behind.

That is a goal then! Find a way to have access to medical cannabis, for you first and foremost and for the people who love you too. Increasingly, the need some people have for it is acknowledged and no one decent will judge you for it. If it can help you enjoy life at least part of the time, it's worth it, because there's a lot to enjoy. I have a friend who had to fight for over two years to get it after he had a stroke. It's really abhorrent how hard it is to access, but we believe in you.

And your point about mental healthcare is extremely true. It doesn't get talked about enough in politics.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2020, 02:49:39 PM »

Russian women are psycho. Stay the F away unless you know what you're doing.

Nothing can break a strong Russian woman.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2020, 04:33:24 PM »

Russian women are psycho. Stay the F away unless you know what you're doing.

Nothing can break a strong Russian woman.
Except a strong American black woman.

Ok that's definitely possible
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2020, 07:09:49 AM »

Purple heart
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: