KS-SurveyUSA: Gov. Brownback's approvals/favorables suck (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:04:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KS-SurveyUSA: Gov. Brownback's approvals/favorables suck (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KS-SurveyUSA: Gov. Brownback's approvals/favorables suck  (Read 4117 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: October 23, 2013, 10:37:38 PM »

I would love to see Brownback get voted out of office, but alas, Tmth is 100% correct.

Davis would make a decent Governor, but his state is far too red for him to get elected, unfortunately. We might as well nickname a situation where a Democrat won't get elected simply due to being in a red state the Davis Effect (see: Paul/Wendy)

Kathleen Sebelius would beg to differ. If she wasn't too busy taking all the heat from the crappy ACA website that is.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 12:22:43 AM »

Ah, Brownback bringing back the Bush/Cheney policy of "deficits don't matter, as long as we get tax cuts!".
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 09:43:29 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius would beg to differ. If she wasn't too busy taking all the heat from the crappy ACA website that is.

Davis is not Sebelius, though.

But were Sebelius's opponents as toxic as Brownback is now?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 01:42:47 AM »

I would love to see Brownback get voted out of office, but alas, Tmth is 100% correct.

Davis would make a decent Governor, but his state is far too red for him to get elected, unfortunately. We might as well nickname a situation where a Democrat won't get elected simply due to being in a red state the Davis Effect (see: Paul/Wendy)

>implying one of the faces of Obamacare is going to get elected again in a red state

I wasn't saying she would get elected again. I was saying she proved a Democrat can win in Kansas.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 06:28:29 PM »

>implying one of the faces of Obamacare is going to get elected again in a red state

I wasn't saying she would get elected again. I was saying she proved a Democrat can win in Kansas.

2002 is NOT 2014 to put it mildly. Partisanship has drifted down to the state race level in an unprecidented fashion.

I suspect many KS Republicans and conservative independents who supported her regret it somewhat after she became the face of Obamacare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas_gubernatorial_election,_2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_gubernatorial_election,_2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_gubernatorial_election,_2012 (Yes, he lost, but it was still very close for a blue state like Washington)

People are exaggerating the polarization with regards to governor's races. While overall it's not as hospitable for opposite party governors as it was a decade ago, it's still very possible.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 02:48:35 PM »

Brownback will get reelected easily in 2014.

He's got 4 statewide election victories in his belt (likely 5 in 2014).

He might have been a good US Senator but apparently that is not transferring to the Governor's office for him popularity wise or politically.

It's a lot easier to be a Senator for a red state when all you have to do is bash Democrats and vote "no" on everything. But when it comes to actually governing, turns out voters don't prefer Tea Party extremism after all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies